Question for SI gurus

What is the chance of developing a wizard for creating a new team from scratch. It would be great to have a team from second 1, but to create it is a real challenge for most of us. With a wizard, it would make the process less cumbersome. If it isn't possible, that's okay, but it would be interesting. Thx for reading.

What is the chance of developing a wizard for creating a new team from scratch. It would be great to have a team from second 1, but to create it is a real challenge for most of us. With a wizard, it would make the process less cumbersome. If it isn't possible, that's okay, but it would be interesting. Thx for reading.

Its very easy to do in the editor. Just go step by step. Probs wont take you longer than 15 minutes.

I've never used the editor. How does it work?

The editor will be in your C:SI(or Steam) file...its in the 'tools' folder

open it and pick whether you want to use db 11.0 or 11.1

choose 'teams' and look at the bottom right of the screen and click new

On the left hand side of the screen will be a stack of categories..click on each to create your new club

Good Luck!!

I found all of that and created a team. I created London United and tried to place it in Blue Square Bet South to start. I loaded the game and London United wasn't there. How come? I don't find this intuitive at all.

Well it should be there so you've done something wrong :p

When you created a new game did you select the new DB you'd saved with London Utd in the BSS?

I tried to load BS South league via the editor to remove one of the teams, but it wouldn't load the teams.

Perhaps its better to start all over.

Firstly, recreate your team and save it as a separate save editor data file

Reload the original 11.1 database and load the BSS and eliminate the team of your choice

Load your save editor data file and move your team into the vacant slot

Hope this works

Well, it's a good thing that I figured out how to create a team using the editor. SI gurus sure jumped on this question. Also, a wizard would still many people. Creating a team is a ton of fun but can be frustrating until you're able to work the editor. Then, it's not too bad.

Basically you just need to ask the same question in the Editors' forum. I'm sure someone will write a step-by-step walkthrough. Actually someone did it last year and it ran to hundreds of posts (the grateful responses I mean, not the 'how-to-do').

I've just made mine - I swapped out Vauxhall in BSN and put in FC United but I've added loads of 14-15 year old kids, moving to a new 'Newton Heath' stadium next year, with good youth facilities. I haven't upped the finances, but I created Eric Cantona as my assman and Ole Gunnar as head coach. A crocked Red Nev has joined as captain and hopefully future coach. The kids all love the club and me, so hopefully won't jump ship. My intention is to bumble around for a few years while the kids develop, then see how far we can progress.

Archived