Try this

first possible fix

exit steam

go to steam folder and erase the clientregistry.blob file and start stam

Second fix if that doesn't work :

On Windows

Start Steam

Go to Steam > Settings > Downloads tab

Under Download region, select a different but relatively close region.

Try launching or installing the game once more

On Mac

Start Steam

Click on Steam > Preferences > Downloads tab

Under Download region, select a different but relatively close region.

Try launching or installing the game once more

other possible solution

On Windows

If the issue is isolated to a few Steam games, please exit from Steam and go to the Steamapps folder (default is C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps) and delete any listed .ncf files for the specific games. Once complete, please restart Steam to test the issue.

On Mac

If the issue is isolated to a few Steam games, please exit from Steam and go to the ~/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps and delete any listed .ncf files for the specific games. Once complete, please restart Steam to test the issue.

It's now reinstaling so hopefully this is good news as that might of been the problem as last time it froze whilst installing then just said it had downloaded when it might not of done, i dpn't know really lol but if it works I'll be ur personal slave for a year

Is that 2 hours 30 to go?? I'm in the US so only 18:45 here so plenty of gaming time left for me today :) (FM 2010)

What Mac did you get mate....desktop or laptop. Just wondered how well FM2011 works on it assuming you played the demo??? I got a Macbook duo core and fm2011 don't run to good on it. Was thinking about getting a macbook pro 15"

Haha, I wouldn't have had a clue otherwise. I know it sounds really sad and cheesy, but I'd just spend 30 quid on my favourite game and it looked like it wasn't working, meaning I've have to wait 4 days for a post delivery for another 30 quid, so again, thanks.

Happy days mate!!! Glad you got it working.

You have to play FM in windowed mode to switch between the internet and the game. Unfortunately you cant quite se the whole screen unless you go to system preferences which is found by clicking the apple on the top left---------->Dock------------->reposition on the left or right and also turn hiding on. This way the Dock only appears when place the mouse pointer to which ever side the dock has been repositioned.

I relieve you of your personal slave duties don't think its good for you to up sticks and move to America. How does the 3D run on your MacBook Pro??? and dude,you need to get to your buddys house and get some Mac lessons lol ;)

Archived