Minor Issues

So far I'm loving FM2011 but there are a few minor issues that are bugging me.

First and foremost, no matter how I set my team up when attacking corners, I score less goals from them than the opposition do when they counter attack after clearing them. With FM2010 you could leave 3-4 players back and 90% of the time you'd be fine. It's not so safe on this. Attacking corners almost feel like a bad thing to me at the moment. Most annoying is that a lot of the time when their defender heads clear, the ball bounces about 5 yards away from one of my players and he completely ignores it while their players run three times the distance and get the ball. Only then does my player react, and by then it's usually too late.

My other complaints are more convenience things.

1) On the team select screen my custom views are not being saved. I like to add an Assists column, among other things, and having to manually re-add it every time I want to check the stats is annoying.

2) This is a remaining issue from 2010 that really should have been fixed. When I'm on the scout reports screen, I always change the view to Scout - Main so that I can see all the asking prices etc. When I click on a player to see his stats and then go back to the scout reports screen, the view always reverts to whatever the useless default view is.

3) A feature I have been wanting back for a long time: The ability to view just filtered attributes when using the player search. Like if I set Passing, Creativity and Dribbling to 15, then I should have an option just to view those three attributes on the search screen, rather than being limited to Goalkeeping, Defending, Attacking etc. It was a feature in Champ 01/02 and was very useful, so why it hasn't made it into the newer games is beyond me. The only alternative I've found is to make custom views for each position, but it's nowhere near as convenient.

4) When I go to the tactics screen, I want a player list on the left and the formation settings on the right. That's how it was in 2010. As things are, it seems to be pot luck what screens I get when I go there.

So in conclusion; the game is good, but with a few minor fixes it'd be great! :)

Edit: I've just remembered another that I find annoying. In FM2010, I played games in TV View with my player ratings in the bottom left and match stats in the bottom right. It always remembered which team I was, whether I was at home or away and displayed the right player ratings. With 2011, it just seems to display the home team's player ratings or the away team's (whichever I was when I brought up the box). It seems weird to me that things that worked fine in 2010 have been broken in 2011.

Archived