Unplayable???

Hi FM Fans,

I like most of u really wanted to get home on friday and play fm to my hearts content but I find it unplayable atm because of all the bugs. I started a game as real madrid and the spanish suspension bug ruined it!! then I started a game as england and I can't arrange any friendlies because it freezes when I try to change the season!!

Some of you will say that I am inpatient but I paid 27.99 for the game and I expect it to be playable and what are all these testers doing. I can understand the second bug I mentioned but the spanish suspension bug if soooo obvious and the testers need to be questioned for this!! Thanks for listening to my 'rant'.

I think on twitter miles said he couldnt confirm a hot fix

really? I only came on forum last night and everyone was talking about hot fix and I think person from SI confirm (user had si logo in name). They say they working on hot fix?

So if not confirm hot fix then how we fix issue? I not familiar with editor and not like change things manually.

really? I only came on forum last night and everyone was talking about hot fix and I think person from SI confirm (user had si logo in name). They say they working on hot fix?

So if not confirm hot fix then how we fix issue? I not familiar with editor and not like change things manually.

I am not sure but i think he said he couldnt confirm

to be fair this is not small bug it is quite big bug.

imagine if you spanish and only want to play spain league

Indeed, I remember last year patch 1 was mainly due to some guy from Birmingham returned from retirement or sth like that, think it was Stephen Carr. And now the whole league is f***ed up.

Surely the answer is just play in another league until the 'hotfix' comes out?

I'm more concerned about whether it will be save game compatible. I don't want to waste the entire weekend and more playing a game that I know I will inevitably have to start again.

Surely the answer is just play in another league until the 'hotfix' comes out?

yes there is nothing we can do

but my point is if you are from spain and you brought the game you will be very annoy? I mean if premier league have similar problem I know I be demanding fix today.

But as this is english forum only few people is complain. I can imagine spanish football manager forum is going nuts

Play in another league until the 'hotfix' comes out is not a good solution because you can start a game with an English team then want to take a Spanish team and the fix will not apply because it will not savegame compatible ....

so what you say is can't really start play game until fix is made. But then big problem is when is fix come? Maybe it never come or maybe it come but in 2-3 weeks? I wait long time for game to be release and now wait 2-3 week maybe for fix before play? does not sound realistic to me, i was hope fix is made in few hour

i still not have install game because busy clearing computer and downloading facepack all day and was hope fix is come by time i finish it

so what you say is can't really start play game until fix is made. But then big problem is when is fix come? Maybe it never come or maybe it come but in 2-3 weeks? I wait long time for game to be release and now wait 2-3 week maybe for fix before play? does not sound realistic to me, i was hope fix is made in few hour

They already said there won't be a hotfix this weekend. So don't hold your breath.

yep i 2nd that can someone explain this spanish bug i dont get it.. i only ever play in the english league. will never manage outside it .so would the bug effect me and the gameplay? i have the spanish league loaded on view only ...

it will not effect you as the bug only effects spanish national game, so spanish league

even if you play spanish club team in europe it no effect as la liga bans do not effect champions league or europa league

The fix will not savegame compatible because it affects the db. I did not start the game, waiting .....

I dont think it is a database error. I started a game using the 'default' database from before the patch and the 'spanish suspension' problem was still there but the 'banned french players' problem had gone.

I dont think it is a database error. I started a game using the 'default' database from before the patch and the 'spanish suspension' problem was still there but the 'banned french players' problem had gone.

Does this only effect friendlies? How long does this last for? 1 Year?

This is the most information we've had so far, along with this.

Thanks for posting that dafuge, so much going on here it's hard to find any sound information. I've been waiting to start a new game in case the hotfix isn't savegame compatible, at least the first link let's us know it's possible so I'll start a game and hope for the best.

My original point was how did the testers miss this and I paid 27.99 for the game and I expect it to work!!!

The Spanish bug is a result of one incorrect digit, there is at least one error in your one line post, I don't think it unreasonable to forgive one digit in a game with as much code as FM. The French players situation is probably one that hasn't come up before so it's not surprising there were unforeseen repercussions with whatever was changed.

That'd be an absolute joke if it isn't save game compatible.

I don't understand how SI make so many bloody errors in the game every year. I'd understand if they had a staff team of 3 people or something but they don't.

I couldn't say it any better!!!!!!!

It's even more embarrasing when the release day patch doesn't fix the most obvious errors....

I'm still waiting for the Spanish fix, I wont game before!

Thanks for posting that dafuge, so much going on here it's hard to find any sound information. I've been waiting to start a new game in case the hotfix isn't savegame compatible, at least the first link let's us know it's possible so I'll start a game and hope for the best.

The Spanish bug is a result of one incorrect digit, there is at least one error in your one line post, I don't think it unreasonable to forgive one digit in a game with as much code as FM. The French players situation is probably one that hasn't come up before so it's not surprising there were unforeseen repercussions with whatever was changed.

Testers of the game should have noticed it!!

I'm more concerned about whether it will be save game compatible. I don't want to waste the entire weekend and more playing a game that I know I will inevitably have to start again.

It's probably best to assume that it won't be save game compatible, to be honest. Normally, you have to start a new game to get league rule changes to work.

I might be wrong though. It might update between seasons or something.

Please stop all the hating of SI, they are trying there best to try and solve the problem as qucikly as possible, as the SI posted they are giveing up their useal days off etc to try and get this sorted quickly which I thank them for.

One of the prime reasons the error was not spotted is beacuse it only appeared in the 11.1 patch, lociailly a patch does not go thorght as much testing as the full game before release, at my guess, the changes in the patch were not effecting the league rules in any way Si games could see (yes I know this is horribly worded, sorry) so had no way of telling the patch impacting the spanish leagues the way it did, for exsample if I change the rules, teams whatever of the Npower championship in england I am not going to do extensive testing of Liga BBVA after I have changed this beacuse it should not effect it at all. It may seem a simple job of just changeing a simple digit for the spanish rule bug but Si have to check EVERYTHING that could possibly be effected by changeing that for bugs to prevent the exsact same thing happenning again.

If SI fixed it but did not do testing and another error popped up in England beacuse of the changes for exsample, people would be even more enraged, not forgetting there may be an issue with trying to make it save game compaptible as well. I admit it was dissapointed to see such a gamebreaking bug in the first 20 or so mins of playing but for reasons I said above their are reasons for it, and it happens to the best of games. As psoted above SI have that (unless it has changed since then) the hotfix will not be out till monday at the very very earyist.

To ansear your orginal question yes I do fine FM11 unplayable mainly beacuse of the french bans and spanish league bugs, I dont even manage in spain, but I am somewhat of a realism freak, and always have BBVA at view only the bug comepletly ruins the integrity of resuilts and the entire league beacuse of half of teams being suspened etc and thus the teams that qualify for eruope are well "unlegit" and so the entire game beacuse broken, IMO.

Sorry for crap spelling etc I really suck at that.

Please stop all the hating of SI, they are trying there best to try and solve the problem as qucikly as possible, as the SI posted they are giveing up their useal days off etc to try and get this sorted quickly which I thank them for.

One of the prime reasons the error was not spotted is beacuse it only appeared in the 11.1 patch, lociailly a patch does not go thorght as much testing as the full game before release, at my guess, the changes in the patch were not effecting the league rules in any way Si games could see (yes I know this is horribly worded, sorry) so had no way of telling the patch impacting the spanish leagues the way it did, for exsample if I change the rules, teams whatever of the Npower championship in england I am not going to do extensive testing of Liga BBVA after I have changed this beacuse it should not effect it at all. It may seem a simple job of just changeing a simple digit for the spanish rule bug but Si have to check EVERYTHING that could possibly be effected by changeing that for bugs to prevent the exsact same thing happenning again.

If SI fixed it but did not do testing and another error popped up in England beacuse of the changes for exsample, people would be even more enraged, not forgetting there may be an issue with trying to make it save game compaptible as well. I admit it was dissapointed to see such a gamebreaking bug in the first 20 or so mins of playing but for reasons I said above their are reasons for it, and it happens to the best of games. As psoted above SI have that (unless it has changed since then) the hotfix will not be out till monday at the very very earyist.

To ansear your orginal question yes I do fine FM11 unplayable mainly beacuse of the french bans and spanish league bugs, I dont even manage in spain, but I am somewhat of a realism freak, and always have BBVA at view only the bug comepletly ruins the integrity of resuilts and the entire league beacuse of half of teams being suspened etc and thus the teams that qualify for eruope are well "unlegit" and so the entire game beacuse broken, IMO.

Sorry for crap spelling etc I really suck at that.

I dont hate si, I love them for the hours of entertainment I get from football manager but they dont do it for free and ur right it is a game ruining bug and as a tester u would have to be blind to miss it!!

It's probably best to assume that it won't be save game compatible, to be honest. Normally, you have to start a new game to get league rule changes to work.

I might be wrong though. It might update between seasons or something.

they said they cant even confirm it is going ahead!!! everyone is talking as if it is a definate thing!!

The fix will not savegame compatible because it affects the db. I did not start the game, waiting .....

What if I have started a game that includes the Spanish leagues but i'm not managing in Spain but mybe plan to at some point in my career? Would I have to start a new game aswell?

The only thing i have a problem with at the moment is in EVERY game there is at least 2 30 - 40 - 50 to even 6 mile out goals being scored and it is a real pain yet when you ahve a world class player in on goal he cannot score 1 on 1.

these are my only gripes in what i believe to be the best one yet.

I say this most years as the game is always released and then patched up between now and March. If it bothers you that much that you pay the money and then feel the game is unplayable wait until the final patch is released before you buy it.

I've done this for about 3 or 4 years now and I get a full year of a fully patched up game when I buy.

If everyone did this then I wonder whether SI would release a game that required 2-3 patches to make it 'playable'...

Just my opinion (and how I get round the issues that crop up year on year)

If it bothers you that much that you pay the money and then feel the game is unplayable wait until the final patch is released before you buy it.

I'm with the quote above - I've held off buying FM2011 until I can see that the consensus from the forum users on here tells me that the game is bug free enough to make the game playable to a standard that is enough to justify forking out £25 - £30. :)

Archived