Are contract negotiations the worst thing ever??

Love the game but this part of it is ludicrous

Tried signing Fabio Coentrao for Spurs and after having a bid accepted his agent said he wants £70,000 a week from the £8,250 hes on now.

Plus the player wants to match the highest earner wage and a £4 million signing on fee and agent £2.5 million

INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I offered him £40,000 a week and both a £2.5 million signing on fee only to be told NO THANKS!!!

They could probably use a little work, but to an extent, that's realistic. One of the best players in the world in his position, often chased by some of the biggest clubs in the game on my saves, is going to try and get whatever he can.

In answer to the title: no, hyperbole is the worst thing ever.

I like the negotiations tbh, the only thing that i am having trouble with is that you can't exit and enter contract talks like in the older games. I forget sometimes and press exit talk just to check something or to perhaps alter the squad status on the player i am negotiating with lol

I like the negotiations tbh, the only thing that i am having trouble with is that you can't exit and enter contract talks like in the older games. I forget sometimes and press exit talk just to check something or to perhaps alter the squad status on the player i am negotiating with lol

Actually, this is something that should be fixed. a mis-click shouldnt have any effect on the game.

Love the game but this part of it is ludicrous

INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I offered him £40,000 a week and both a £2.5 million signing on fee only to be told NO THANKS!!!

Talk to Blackpool owner, he will tell you how he was keep running into same things IRL with agents.Insane , perhaps, realistic ..very..

They could probably use a little work, but to an extent, that's realistic. One of the best players in the world in his position, often chased by some of the biggest clubs in the game on my saves, is going to try and get whatever he can.

In answer to the title: no, hyperbole is the worst thing ever.

I find it amazing that one of the best in the world in his position gets sold for €6.5 M .. and David Luiz for €5.5 M ..

Always the same every year .. always .. players value in Portugal is unrealistically low.

I remember saying this last year and seeing a couple more threads from other people, and yet, one year later, here it is, the same ****ing thing happening. Might as well be talking to myself.

I am finding the negotiations fun but the criticism I would make is that the game doesn't recognise the situations where the club holds all the cards. example - trying to sign a free agent 17 year old. he is ok but nothing special, I want to put him in my youth team. He demands wages that would make him the second highest earner in the squad, 20% yearly increase etc, I offer him what my other youth teamers are one and he walks! This is a guy with no other clubs interested in him and no career to speak of at this point - surely he would just be happy to join a club given his situation. 2 months on and he is still clubless. Players doing hardball negotiations in situations like this where they have no bargaining power whatsoever is going to make LLM very very challenging!

Contract negotiations are fine. I think they make the game more realistic and better for the transfer market. Yeah you're right some of the negotiations do seem stupid, but think about it, the point of the agent at that moment is to try and get the best deal. Some agents want more than their player can handle.

If I can't get the knock down wage that I want, I usually try and offer the agent a little more money that he offers. I don't know if that directly affects if the negotiation will work, but it has for me.

Other than that, I'm sure managers have to go through this all the time so I find it very fun and exciting!

See, unless Craig Gordon does not have an agent, it usually the agents that magnify the fees to satisfy their own evil plans! sometimes, the initial offers they ask are twice as much as what is agreed in the end!

See, unless Craig Gordon does not have an agent, it usually the agents that magnify the fees to satisfy their own evil plans! sometimes, the initial offers they ask are twice as much as what is agreed in the end!

Yeah I agree that you can normally knock them down but with him he wouldn't accept anything other than the 40k per appearance and 100k a week, the agent also had no patience to even go for long negotiatons.

Presumably the AI clubs realised they couldn't afford him so didn't bid and now he just sits at Sunderland on the transfer list winding down his contract with them offering him every few months to me

There are a couple of things that sometimes don't seem right. Usually it's one of the fees that's too high and the deal gets scuppered purely because of that. I think those situations could use some work. On the other hand I do generally like the new system. It forces you to negotiate and, crucially, it means you're not certain to sign a player just because the club accepted the offer. I prefer that over the old system.

Archived