Long term injury problems

I seem to get a lot of players who have some form of long term injury or injury proneness. For my core squad (my first team players plus rotation players) of about 16 players, at least 5 or so have a comment like that in the physio reports; outside those, more players have similar comments.

Now, being injury prone or carrying a long term injury is not a problem per se. As long as the players are good when fit, they get to play as many games as they can: don't plan to sell them anytime soon anyway and I'm well rich enough to handle the wage bill.

I think once it turns up, nothing can be done to get rid of it, right? The only thing I can do is to reduce the training to prevent the injuries from becoming manifest (like a third of my squad injured at the same time... grrr)

However, is there anything I can do to reduce the chance of injury proneness appearing in the first place? Several players develop injury-proneness within a season or two from the moment they join my squad. Is this usual or can I do something about it?

I seem to get a lot of players who have some form of long term injury or injury proneness. For my core squad (my first team players plus rotation players) of about 16 players, at least 5 or so have a comment like that in the physio reports; outside those, more players have similar comments.

Now, being injury prone or carrying a long term injury is not a problem per se. As long as the players are good when fit, they get to play as many games as they can: don't plan to sell them anytime soon anyway and I'm well rich enough to handle the wage bill.

I think once it turns up, nothing can be done to get rid of it, right? The only thing I can do is to reduce the training to prevent the injuries from becoming manifest (like a third of my squad injured at the same time... grrr)

However, is there anything I can do to reduce the chance of injury proneness appearing in the first place? Several players develop injury-proneness within a season or two from the moment they join my squad. Is this usual or can I do something about it?

When is training "too much"? I haven't had a player complaining about training for ages you see.

Is there stuff you change over the course in a season? How many "notches" can you have in training, or are some notches "heavier" than others?

well i tend to think that the defaults are a fairly conservative so i add maybe one or two more "notches" to the regime, ie i make general have either intensive fitness or motivation or both at push. when i add two notches or even i do find either older players/low stamina players struggle with fitness or i get more overall injuries and compliants. then again if you dont get any compliants or injuries are you getting the most out of your players!!! I know not much help but would be nice to have more indepth training if you wanted ala the pc version though again i'd not make it a number one priority..........

Archived