PDA

View Full Version : steam stop telling me things when i playing

rich74
05-11-2010, 22:32
how do you stop steam for interfering in your game by telling me i have achieved this and that,, it annoys the hell out of me,, what the hell is wrong with them i am not 5 years old i dont need them saying well done you have sold a player, today has been a bad day SI makes buying a new game as much fun as been tortured by the cat of nine tales

ChewyFun
05-11-2010, 22:34
Jeez, it's only a tiny pop-up in the corner of the screen, which disappears after a second, lighten up.

rich74
05-11-2010, 22:36
Jeez, it's only a tiny pop-up in the corner of the screen, which disappears after a second, lighten up.

it makes me feel like slapping myself in the face every time i see it and that could become a real problem

hugo_rune
05-11-2010, 22:38
I think you'll find most players find Steam achievements to be either a light amusement, perhaps even a small motivator, or at the worst, an irrelevant and harmless feature.

it makes me feel like slapping myself in the face every time i see it and that could become a real problem

You're right, it could become a real problem. I can only repeat ChewyFun's advice to you :)

ChewyFun
05-11-2010, 22:39
Put masking tape on that corner of the screen, then you won't see it :). Also, achievements are build-in by Steam, it has nothing to do with SI.

methman99
i believe if you go steam options -> in-game -> untick the bock for steam community in game, that should/may fix it, as that is for the overlay which does the updates on acheivements...

what a small thing to go loon over :/

NickJ73
Flippin eck its a tiny box, once you complete the acheivements you'll never see them again. Honestly the things complain make me laugh.

rich74
05-11-2010, 22:40
Hugo Rune i just want it to stop

rich74
05-11-2010, 22:41
i believe if you go steam options -> in-game -> untick the bock for steam community in game, that should/may fix it, as that is for the overlay which does the updates on acheivements...

what a small thing to go loon over :/

hey thanks MR Methman99 your a star. thats all a wanted some good info

rich74
05-11-2010, 22:43
Flippin eck its a tiny box, once you complete the acheivements you'll never see them again. Honestly the things complain make me laugh.

Nickj73 it ain't funny pal its like a buzzing noise to me that gets louder and louder every time i see this little pop up

x42bn6
05-11-2010, 22:48
Believe it or not, some people think that playing the game itself is the only important achievement.

rich74
05-11-2010, 22:49
omg its still doing it. i think i am gonna stop playing fm for 2nite i planned a big session i had it all my bottel of jacks and my big bag of ...d ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ArranoBeltza
05-11-2010, 22:55
I don't understand the problem, I can see it being annoying, but game-breaking???

Honestly, you'll find that achievements become less frequent fairly quickly- many are very easy and happen very soon into the game- after about a season or so they'll become much less frequent (though I guess this also depends on how good your team is).

englandmanager
05-11-2010, 23:05
how do you stop steam for interfering in your game by telling me i have achieved this and that,, it annoys the hell out of me,, what the hell is wrong with them i am not 5 years old i dont need them saying well done you have sold a player, today has been a bad day SI makes buying a new game as much fun as been tortured by the cat of nine tales

no offence but you are acting like a child tbh

rich74
05-11-2010, 23:07
no offence but you are acting like a child tbh

are you been honest or are you been provocative

Matt ex SEGA
05-11-2010, 23:32
If you're not adding something constructive, please don't post at all.

Thanks.

jptykes
05-11-2010, 23:47
I'm not a Steam user (hate the system) but iirc someone said that with FM10 you could disable the achievements by setting Steam to 'Offline' mode.