What Would YOU Do?

I'm Newcastle United currently on my 2011-2012 season

and I'm a title challenger

I have a strong back-four with Bale, Kocsis, Hobbs, Kaebi

and Taylor and another really good defender in sub

and I have had an offer of £28,000,000 for my bestest defender Zsolt Kocsis who is 21

and he has breath taking talent

and he plays so so well (tackling 19, marking 20, heading 20)

(no other player like him!)

should I sell him for £28,000,000?

i feel if i sell him then it proves were not a top team

i dont know, what would you do?

I'm Newcastle United currently on my 2011-2012 season

and I'm a title challenger

I have a strong back-four with Bale, Kocsis, Hobbs, Kaebi

and Taylor and another really good defender in sub

and I have had an offer of £28,000,000 for my bestest defender Zsolt Kocsis who is 21

and he has breath taking talent

and he plays so so well (tackling 19, marking 20, heading 20)

(no other player like him!)

should I sell him for £28,000,000?

i feel if i sell him then it proves were not a top team

i dont know, what would you do?

I always work on the basis that when you're working your way up, you can sell players for high prices and often get someone in who can do just as good a job for less.

However, there comes a point when you're challenging for the title, and you just can't sell your best players if you want to keep challenging for it. Therefore, I'd say no, don't sell him, whatever the price.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by magpies_fan:

okay thanks

im quite rich but i dont beleive in paying so much for a player therefore when i get massive offers i just accept them

but this player is just brillinat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then surely he's too good to sell if

A) He's Brillinat (icon_wink.gif), as you say, and

B) You don't need the money

I've never sold a player I want to keep, despite the offer.

I once received a £58Million offer for Steven Gerrard when he was nearly 30 and still had no trouble laughing off the offer...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by magpies_fan:

okay thanks

im quite rich but i dont beleive in paying so much for a player therefore when i get massive offers i just accept them

but this player is just brillinat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then surely he's too good to sell if

A) He's Brillinat (icon_wink.gif), as you say, and

B) You don't need the money

I've never sold a player I want to keep, despite the offer.

I once received a £58Million offer for Steven Gerrard when he was nearly 30 and still had no trouble laughing off the offer... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif wow! well done to you....i would find that too tempting not to accept!

Best to keep unless he is unhappy.

Unfortunately if bigger clubs are attracted and making bids, he might get unsettled. Depending on his character, if he starts causing problems to the morale of the squad, it's safe to say at this point I would sell for the best price possible. After all, one player is never bigger than the club IMO icon14.gif

my club is rich

ive saved up through the years and sold players for high amounts of money so i dont really need the money

i think i got about 70m to spend so im well-off

i have made a decision.........ive rejected and the player wasn't unhappy after

although two of my other players are unhappy because bigger clubs offered for them and i rejected

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

Best to keep unless he is unhappy.

Unfortunately if bigger clubs are attracted and making bids, he might get unsettled. Depending on his character, if he starts causing problems to the morale of the squad, it's safe to say at this point I would sell for the best price possible. After all, one player is never bigger than the club IMO icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except Alan Shearer, obviously. icon_smile.gif

If he's as good as you think he is, 28 million pounds is an absolute rip-off.

In my experience, if a player is really good, I wouldn't want to sell him, but I wouldn't object to it. Just as long as they cough up the bank for him and you have a transfer target to replace him.

If they are desperate to sign, you can really toy with them and get a lot of money. Or you can reject their offers until your board overrides you, at which case you should've had enough money anyway. Hopefully...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sirdez24:

Screenshot?

In answer to the question, if you don't need the cash and aren't going to get a better replacement, what exactly would be the point of selling? Especially if he's only 21. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i would love to do a screenshot but how do i do it

obviously i screenprint the page but where do i put it?

Archived