mAAckAttAck 4-4-2 Version 2011

Due to my successful tactic in FM09 and after taking a break for FM10 I am back with another tactic for FM11.

It is a 4-4-2 system tried and tested with Huddersfield Town top of league 1 atm after 12 games.

It has attacking full backs and wingers while 2 sitting central midfielders, one a play maker who gets assists and long range goals, while the other is a box to box with tight marking and does good defensive duties.

Enjoy

Link: http://freakshare.com/files/yszsvau7/4-4-2-mAAckAttAck--Huddersfield--Jul-2010-.tac.html

I've been having a terrible time with newcastle in my new fm11 game - but have tried your tactic now and results have picked up :

Arsenal (Home) won 3-1

West Brom (Away) drew 1-1

early days but i'll update further after 10 games.

Started playing Pompey with this tactic after five games i have won four, lost one with 3 clean sheets, 11 goals scored with only 3 conceded at the minute this seems like the best uploaded tactic for the teams i have currently managed a will try and give updates as season goes along

Ive updated the tactic to make it more solid at the back and in the center of the park, maybe this one is better for away games i have lowered the closing down and pulled back the deep lying forward closer to the midfield.

http://freakshare.com/files/rd9wy9me/-4-4-2-mAAckAttAck--Huddersfield--Sep-2010-.tac.html

ok, i will give it another go.

appreciate ur contribution, but just frustrated with conceding so many goals

Very nice tactic so far. Playing with Man Utd and the midfield set up is brilliant, Fletcher scoring goals for fun and averaging around 8!

Played 8 won 7. The defeat was a game where my keeper got injured after 10 minutes and I didn't have a sub keeper.

Played 5 won 5 in the league with 18 scored and 1 conceeded.

I'll let you know how it is going after a season, 4-4-2 seems to work really well on FM11

This was the 1st tactic I have downloaded and so far it has worked pretty well for my millwall side. Not sure how to post screen shots but stats so far are

P13 W7 D3 L3 F17 A12. just downloaded the amended tactic. well post results after a few games. Cheers Jamez

Man, I know it's far too early to really make it have a serious statistic value, but in my first game this tactic is so far really ruling for my Sampdoria team. 11 games (counting 7 friendlies), 10 victories 1 draw and always clean sheets. A 0-0 at home against Ajax - that I then beat 1-0 away, followed by 4-0 away against Milan and another 4-0 at home against Roma. It looks pretty solid all around, but it's also to be said Sampdoria seems to be just the perfect team for this setup.

I only slightly changed the set pieces for corners (to the far post, very effective) and defense on free kicks (way too few men in wall), everything else is how you first released it.

It will most likely "normalize" soon, yet I'm very happy to finally be able to once again enjoy a nice old school 4-4-2, my first love. Good job :)

Your tac seems almost identical with mine. I do find corners work better with far post, others lurking... and play wider. Long shots rare for everyone (perhaps my M'wall team just cant shoot from the range, but long shots are just waste of better opportunities in FM11, IMO)

Working great!! I am playing with IFK Gothenburg, in the first league, in sweden. Im in the end of my second season and have so far 4 draws , one loss, and wins VS Celtic away in the euro cup with 2-1. And vs Feyenoord 4-1. That's a total including friendlies. Great work, awesome tactic!

People trying for this for like one or two games then posting.. like in recent versions of FM, your players take time to adapt to any new tactic. If you change mid season it can be even harder to hit the ground running.

You need to give it time and use the match preparation to tell you the familiarity levels with each part of the tactic. There is no point saying I've played 2,3,4,5 games and didn't do well it's a rubbish tactic because it isn't.

If you have the players for 4-4-2 and give this time then it works a treat, you especially need a very solid CM to play the deeper midfield role as his partner will be roaming a lot and getting forward so you need somebody with the attributes to play that role instead of two hollywood attacking midfielders. I brought in Hamsik and Pastore and they were less effective than Fletcher and Carrick, it is all about having the right attributes for the role assigned and if you don't have them then no tactic will be a success long term.

In first full season with this tactic with Man Utd, won the Premiership, FA Cup, League Cup and reached the final of the Champions League with 4 and 5 nil wins common place. Yes I'm playing with Man Utd so it shouldn't be too hard anyway but found this tactic the most effective of those I have used so far. Season after I am 8 wins from 8 in the Prem.

Thanks for this tactic and those using it give it time and be patient.

if you have bad results with tactic give it some time ! im sitting top of serie A with roma after 32 games , of course you lose no formation is unbeatable.. also learning your team another tactic whilst using another one is a good way to prepare for using it :)

I'm still playing the Demo, so not sure what to expect?

Playing as West Ham with the original, i won my first 3 games without reply, then lost 3-1 away to Villa despite dominating and have just beat Newcastle 4-3 at home.

I plan to restart the Demo and test both tactics throughout to decide which is best?

If, as i expect, it works better in the full game than in the Demo, then this tactic should be very, very good.

Just wanted to add that this is still doing brilliantly for my Gloucester team. Got promoted first season i started using it from Blue Square South. Now top of Blue Square Premier, 4 points ahead

Again thanks for this tactic! has turned things around for my team

Archived