FM2011: Where in the world - PC World?...apparently not!

Marvellous! For the 2nd year in the last 4 years a local PC World store has not been able to sell me the game on release day! This time they actually had them but had not had chance to book them in and display them though they kindly offered to do so later "if they could get it together enough" !?!?! WTF!. Cheers fellas, but no thanks. I hope this feed back is registered by SI, not just my situation but any one else with a similar problem. Certainly puts in to context those who got their copy before release day.

So did anyone else have their FM2011 experience delayed a little by Sales staff with no idea of basic Sales Culture?

God bless Game, who came good for me, I say.

Marvellous! For the 2nd year in the last 4 years a local PC World store has not been able to sell me the game on release day! This time they actually had them but had not had chance to book them in and display them though they kindly offered to do so later "if they could get it together enough" !?!?! WTF!. Cheers fellas, but no thanks. I hope this feed back is registered by SI, not just my situation but any one else with a similar problem. Certainly puts in to context those who got their copy before release day.

So did anyone else have their FM2011 experience delayed a little by Sales staff with no idea of basic Sales Culture?

God bless Game, who came good for me, I say.

For my sins, I worked at PC World for about 4 months in 1998. If it's still the same now as it was then, the customer is their absolute lowest priority.

Was turned down for a part time job in their health check desk crap or whatever buzz name they have for it now - When I was a 2nd year compsci student. They wanted someone "less qualified" that they could train up.

Jesus. I had an ICT Alevel, were they expecting me to make them all look like lazy monkeys? I mean the sales guys, yeah, thats not hard (Trying to sell me a Manchester United mousemat when I went to buy a printer? the buggers, I was wearing a forest top!) but I mean come on.

Oh and refused to sell me Call of Duty 2 without ID when I was 22...

Archived