A couple of quick question...

Hi guys,

I'm back to the world of Football Manager after a hiatus of around 3 or 4 years and a couple of general questions have arisen, which i'm sure can be answered by some of you regular players. Neither of which are a big deal but anyhoo...

Firstly, is there a way to get back to my desktop (playing on PC) without actually quitting the game outright...I'm sure i used to do this when i last played the game by simply pressing Esc., not happening for me now.

Secondly, probably more computer related, everytime i do save and quit my game, Windows Media Centre seems to open up automatically, any way to stop this? I'm using Windows Vista by the way.

Thanks for the advice in advance, i'm absolutely loving the game so far...It's good to be back!

for the second issue i think you need to replace the shortcut that you created on your desktop. is your current one called fm-mce.exe. if it is then you need to replace it with the one called fm.exe, they are both in program files - si - fm11

That sorted it dj, nice one.

Thanks to all of you for the tips, all is good now. It seems the FM community is just as good as the game, as opposed to FIFA and COD (on PS3 granted) to name but two.

Thread can now be closed if needs be.

Thats great.

Also for the first issue you can click the windows key and d to reduce all the windows to the desktop or you can use ctrl and tab to switch between windows as all ready suggested.

If you have vista or seven you can also press windows key and tab to use areo filp which is the same as crtl and tab but does it in full screen.

Archived