Have to wait for Christmas to play the game!!!

Took my mum shopping at Asda and went to buy the game and she promptly took it out my hand and told me that I've got a copy and will have to way till Christmas day,that seems ages away, will have to make do with FM10 till then, gutted, I really am.

Took my mum shopping at Asda and went to buy the game and she promptly took it out my hand and told me that I've got a copy and will have to way till Christmas day,that seems ages away, will have to make do with FM10 till then, gutted, I really am.

How old are you mate? Can't you just go out and get a copy over the weekend?

She didn't take me to buy it, I was there to get the game and another DVD. Apparently the kids have got it me. I'm 40 and to soften the blow she brought me Medal Of Honor on the PS3,so in that respect i'm not to fussed to be honest. Kids have saved their pocket money to get it me so seems a bit unfair to just go and get it,it's only about 6/7 weeks to wait and I've still got a good save going on with FM10.

Shame mate. You only need the product key from steam and you would be away and she would be none the wiser

That's all well and good but it was delivered to my mum's this morning and I cant be bothered to search for it there and I'd feel like I was lying to my kids if I did that. Pleased they've saved their pocket money to get it me and as I've just said it will soon be Christmas anyway.

Find the game while everyones out.

Insert code into steam.

Then put it back and don't tell anyone :)

That's what I would do. It can't be that hard to find. Parents (mums especially) just don't understand do they. Doesn't she realise that if she gives you the game on xmas she won't see you for the rest of the day? I'd stress that point to try and get it earlier. I've forgotten how hard it was to come by money when I was in school. Is there any chores you can do for a bit of pocket money so you can buy it yourself?

She didn't take me to buy it, I was there to get the game and another DVD. Apparently the kids have got it me. I'm 40 and to soften the blow she brought me Medal Of Honor on the PS3,so in that respect i'm not to fussed to be honest. Kids have saved their pocket money to get it me so seems a bit unfair to just go and get it,it's only about 6/7 weeks to wait and I've still got a good save going on with FM10.

That puts a totally different perspective on it. I'd do what you are doing and wait. Kids' feelings are more important than a game.

That's what I would do. It can't be that hard to find. Parents (mums especially) just don't understand do they. Doesn't she realise that if she gives you the game on xmas she won't see you for the rest of the day? I'd stress that point to try and get it earlier. I've forgotten how hard it was to come by money when I was in school. Is there any chores you can do for a bit of pocket money so you can buy it yourself?

I don't live with my mum mate,look at my ID name and that gives it away, that was 3 years ago. She brought me Medal Of Honor on the PS3 to keep me busy anyway and as the kids have got it me I don't want to lie to them if they ask me if I've played it.

Sorry but have to laugh at your misfortune.

Last year the missus bought me the triple-whammy of Mass Effect 2, Assassins Creed 2 and Fifa10 and wouldn't let me touch em from november onwards. By the time I got them unwrapped I very nearly fainted like a 7 year old girl getting a pony.

Archived