Non-sackable human managers?

SI please put in an option to turn on/off human manager sackings. I would prefer this option because I only play with one team and don't play with any other teams and its not a big thing to add and is easy to implement, thanks.

If the game was really about realism there would be much more financial flexibility in the game. Its just SI having a virtual monopoly on the market and not feeling that they need to compromise with the customers.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

It would be useful yes but this game is about realism and including something of this nature removes a degree of realism.

Only if you chose to make it so by ticking a box. Won't adversly effect any one user in the entire fanbase.

Should be unselectable for multiplayer, obviously.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

It would be useful yes but this game is about realism and including something of this nature removes a degree of realism.

Then they wouldn't allow the player to be able to pick a club to manage when creating a profile.

This has been discussed before, and my opinion stays the same - I would absolutely love this option.

It's unrealistic in the same way that a sugar daddy option is unrealistic, yet that's a tick-box in the editor.

Unless you're obsessed/tied to one club, the key is to find a club with a patient chairman, preferably unambitious too. If you manage East Stirlingshire for example, you'll never be sacked since the board never raise their expectations above a last=place finish!

I would absolutely love this option.

And thats the thing. option. There is no reason for anyone to dismiss this because like Acker said, it won't effect you unless you want it too.

Seeing the option in the new game screen would make the game seem a bit...farcical. One cannot argue that you wouldn't be able to manage a football club if total realism were encouraged, because if that were the case, SI wouldn't have a game to sell. You have to imagine yourself creating a person with all the skills to be able to manage and be put in at Man U from the start, that's kind of what the reputation chooser is for.

<hr class="ev_code_hr" />

IMO, this would make the game seem like a gimmick, but as I certainly wouldn't use it, I'm not going to comment too much on it, because it wouldn't be for me. So I'm just stating my views before moving on out.

Not sure why anyone would want this. Just fix the confidence issue and don't have the board demanding better and better every year. I just won, well, everything - excluding the Charity Shield which I lost on pens. Now my board EXPECT me to win everything again.

If you can't be sacked and get relegated, your players will have no respect for you, and morale will wilt, your rep will lower. As a consequence your players won't want to play and better players won't want to come to the club, and you'll end up struggling even more.

Or would a special box you could tick to stop players getting miserable and your rep lowering be a good idea too?

And I don't know much about programming, but I do know an option like this isn't as simple as people think. Ticking that box would require a whole new setup for the chairman and board, and possibly fans too, otherwise you'll be on the end of a booing.

I know it won't necessarily affect ME if some players decided to tick this box, but it would be an unecessary "legitimate" cheat IMO. If you want to cheat the game just download FMM and reinstate yourself when you get fired.

Not sure why anyone would want this.

Really?

If you can't be sacked and get relegated, your players will have no respect for you, and morale will wilt, your rep will lower. As a consequence your players won't want to play and better players won't want to come to the club, and you'll end up struggling even more.

The players would only lose respect if you couldn't do your job or turn it around. It's not as if they would know you couldn't get sacked.

Like I said in my post above, how can you totally dismiss something that wouldn't effect your game?

Originally posted by Bababui:

If the game was really about realism there would be much more financial flexibility in the game. Its just SI having a virtual monopoly on the market and not feeling that they need to compromise with the customers.

Really? How much financial flexibility does a football manager get? Its not 'Chairman of the Board Manager'. I think its at the right level currently.

Like I said in my post above, how can you totally dismiss something that wouldn't effect your game?

Because it becomes two different games. Just download FMM if you want to play a different game.

If the option did come in it's not like I wouldn't buy it. I just think it's a) unnecessary, and b) taking programming time out from fixing genuine problems.

I guess I think of it a bit like wonderful 3D graphics - it's a cherry on top, but I paid for a bun.

The players would only lose respect if you couldn't do your job or turn it around.

It depends how bad you are. If the Derby manager had stayed all season and been relegated with them would the players REALLY still have complete respect for him?

From what I've read on here, the unsackable supporters tend to be either very bad at the game (at first at least) or people hacked off about the confidence issue. The first can be improved by starting the game again or using FMM and the second is up to SI to deal with.

This would be a great option to have for a change like then you could try create a young wonderkid team like Sir Matt Busby done icon_biggrin.gif and try making them world class but if you were to get youngsters and fail in the game you would get the sack it would be a fun trial

Navie, don't worry, I think we all knew what you meant icon_wink.gif

As for backpackants comment on players, fans and chairmen turning on manager when the team gets relagated: step forward Steve Coppell.

Archived