Questioning to buy from a North American's perspective

My last purchase was FM2009, so I have no experience using the editor but from what I have read it is a valuable feature. I play on a MAC and was wondering if the editor functions well on a MAC, as I have not seen much posted regarding this.

I am debating whether to purchase FM 2011 now, or wait until the traditional patch in late Jan/early Feb comes out. What holds me back is the following:

1. Will MLS for 2011 season include Vancouver and Portland and then Montreal in 2012 as they are scheduled to be included. If no (which I am guessing is the answer), can I use the editor to re-create the 'new' MLS including those teams (and maybe even the NY Cosmos too boot!)?

2. I have seen on this forum additional db's to include NCAA, CIS, PDL, USL, etc. as lower league teams which is amazing. Do these db's work when used on a MAC?

3. Has a the latest changes to MLS rules been added to the first patch? Like; 3 DP's, reserve division (2011), Canadian content rule, MLS teams in Copa Libertadores (this one is still in the works)

4. Also, has the CONCACAF WCQ format been updated??

Thanks in advance.

Archived