100+ Leagues: Install via Steam or Offline?

Guys, Before I install my game I'm just wondering whether it's best to install through stream or offline?

I tend to run about 100+ leagues on my saves, so obviously the game doesn't move the quickest, so It's important for me that the game Isn't slowed down too much by things that can be avoided.

Does running the game through steam slow the processor (of the Mac in my case) or not? Seeing as technically you're having to run two programs instead of one.

Any help and advice is appreciated..

It shouldnt make any differewnce as you can run the game in offline mode after installing via Steam- I would use the disc if I was you though.

Yeah, I know about being able to run the game in offline once it's installed, I just used offline as the (probably wrong) term for installing where you have to use the disk.

/

Any particular reason why you reckon I should use the disk?

Also waiting on an answer to the above. I have the game at home, via Amazon, and I was planning to install the game via Steam. Will also be running a lot of leagues. Now wondering if it would be better to install directly from the game disc. Awaits clarification please.

FrazT (or anyone else for that matter), any particular reason why you suggest I run it using the disk? I want to get playing! :p

Oh and by the way, is it possible that say once I install the game through Steam and then I decide I don't want it on steam anymore, can I uninstall it from Steam and install it the regular way? or is it locked to Steam once it's installed through them first?

FrazT (or anyone else for that matter), any particular reason why you suggest I run it using the disk? I want to get playing! :p

Oh and by the way, is it possible that say once I install the game through Steam and then I decide I don't want it on steam anymore, can I uninstall it from Steam and install it the regular way? or is it locked to Steam once it's installed through them first?

yes that is fine.

Steam has a very minimal footprint and shouldn't effect the running of the game in any way.

Archived