Unemployed and still haven't got a team! Dying to play!

So i've started unemployed, sunday league footballer, load of leagues loaded and unfortunately i still haven't been offered a job. I actually got laughed off a League 2 team when i declared interest so i don't hold too much hope. Really dying to get stuck in and play but would rather do it the 'proper' way. Anyone else experiencing a long waiting time to get a club? It's Christmas now!

If you're going to start unemployed, be prepared to manage clubs you don't want to manage. I'm with Winners Park in South Africa, who have five players over the age of nineteen...

this... i often start games unemployed with a sunday leaguer experience and end up in some obscure leagues to build my way up

i took a chinese 2nd division team to the ACL winners 4 years in a row before moving to germany and bayern munich :D

So i've started unemployed, sunday league footballer, load of leagues loaded and unfortunately i still haven't been offered a job. I actually got laughed off a League 2 team when i declared interest so i don't hold too much hope. Really dying to get stuck in and play but would rather do it the 'proper' way. Anyone else experiencing a long waiting time to get a club? It's Christmas now!

If you're a sunday league footballer... without much experience, of course you would be laughed off by a league 2 team.

You will have to start managing at a much lower league

A lot of second and third leagues loaded, the lowest on the save though is probably the bottom tier of England. I don't mind picking up a random crap club, all part of the challenge and i actually wouldn't mind managing in Northern Ireland because i'm from Belfast and i know a lot of the players anyway. Let's hope i get a club soon, into January now.

A lot of second and third leagues loaded, the lowest on the save though is probably the bottom tier of England. I don't mind picking up a random crap club, all part of the challenge and i actually wouldn't mind managing in Northern Ireland because i'm from Belfast and i know a lot of the players anyway. Let's hope i get a club soon, into January now.

I started unemployed with all the UK and Ireland leagues loaded, the Warrrenpoint job in the Northern Irish Second Division is available right off, nothing like starting at the very bottom... Wait until a Conference North/South job becomes available or Scottish Third Division perhaps, you should get one of those.

Yep, I just started my first game as a Sunday League footballer. It's taking me forever to find a job and the game isn't stopping to let me read messages enough. I think I might have to change the response level.

I actually prefer this. I'd started a game already and set myself as semi-pro. I got a job offer with Tamworth easy as pie but never wanted to start that high up. I chose Warrenpoint in N. Ireland in the end but it just felt like it would be too easy so I started again with Sunday League.

Looking forward to see who I can get to approach me.

I started with my leagues including Scotland down to League 3 and the Welsh prem, unemployed with a sunday league rep and no job in Feb 2011 and counting.

tbf if you think about it the scottish 3rd and welsh premier are not really sunday league level are they :D

try china and india guys or set your experience a little higher

I started my first FM 2011 game unemployed, with most European leagues playable plus Brazil, Argentina, S. Africa, Australia, USA, China and India. Despite applying for a number of jobs I was only offered one in October, which was weird. It was Dunfermline which I suppose wasn't too bad considering I started with automatic experience.

Well I'm going for broke. I'm trying to run 104 leagues to maximises my chances of a fun game with Sunday League Rep. It should be realistic if anything.

It's going to hang up on player lists and team lists but I figure giving it a chance to load is expected.

I started with the following leagues (Large Database):

South Korea, Iceland, Mexico, Belgium, Czech Rep, Finland, Germany, Norway, Switzerland, Portugal, Australia, Argentina, Brazil & Spain (All Leagues)

England (League2) France (National) Italy (C1)

Holland, Greece, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine (View Only)

Started in Brazil November/December 09 that way I wouldn't miss the start of any seasons depending on who I chose.

Decided to start in Iceland's bottom division (League one) as the reputation is terrible and it should be a challenge. I prefer to chose my own team as I get more into it as its MY team and I chose them not the other way round, the teams very poor but have managed to make 1 signing that hopefully can win me games on his own, a 39 yr old striker with 16 finishing (You can Imagen how good he is compared to the other strikes when my 2nd best has finishing 12, and all the rest have 10 and below)

Well I'm going for broke. I'm trying to run 104 leagues to maximises my chances of a fun game with Sunday League Rep. It should be realistic if anything.

It's going to hang up on player lists and team lists but I figure giving it a chance to load is expected.

I can't decide whether you have a supercomputer of the patience of a saint!

• 2 years later...

Archived