Pros and Cons of choosing competitions

Starting a new save with FM11 and was wondering which competitions to start with.

Is there any advantage in choosing a league as active if I don't intend to manage a club there?

I mean, will not choosing the Serie A, for example, unbalance my game because Itailan teams and players won't be "active"? If I only choose Belgium and England as active in my save, will this mean that after 10 years or so, all European competitions will be dominated by English (or Belgian) teams?

If I was to scout Italy; would I find any players of mediocre quality (I will playing with a second division Belgian team, so quality of my team will be poor)? Or will I only find world-class players in Italy?

thanks for any help/thoughts on this.

reason I ask; I have a lowerish-end computer and want to balance playabilty and realism as much as possible.

thanks for any help/thoughts on this. :thup:

Well what do you know! Just as I was about to ask a question regarding competitions/nations at the start of a new game... And I haven't started a FM game in like a billion years. Or perhaps ten months. And I recently got a kick ass new rig so I'm curious, what kind of setup should I load?

Now I'm fairly sure I'm gonna go with the top two or maybe three tiers of the major European leagues and maybe the Dutch and Russian leagues.

But my problem is, I forgot all about how the view only or load extra players from nations options work. I seem to recall no new regens were created for nations that weren't loaded or something.

Ideally I'd have the leagues mentioned above active (as in with 'real' results and players) but at the same time players from countries like, say, Brazil or Japan or Czech Republic. With that in mind, what options should I check or uncheck? Would just a Large/Custom database with 'top flight players from...' from the Custom menu do the trick?

Thanks for the prompt reply. Will that take care of the regens from non loaded nations issue as well? Or has it been removed altogether – or actually never existed at all! I haven't played FM for ages and I'm way too rusty in everything FM related!

Archived