Installation problems boxed version

Just wondering if anyone can help me i managed to play fm2010 and even fm 2011 demo without any problems but when i put my fm2011 disk in to start installing it nothing happens just my hard drive makes some werid noise until i take the disk out, my computers fairly old so i though it may be down to the pc requirements but then why did 2010 and the 2011 demo work.

cheers for any help

I wouldn't go the route that because the demo worked which I assumed you downloaded off the web, the full version should load off the CD onto your hard drive. It's peas and carrots.

It sounds like your computer is having an issue with the CD drive, it might not be that- but it sounds like it. Do you have problems with other disks? When you put the disk in, are you able to open up 'computer' and see your CD drive with the logo of the CD on it?

Sometimes updating firmware, can fix it. It all depends on how old your computer is. I would put your disk in and see if your computer even sees it. I would also check other disks to see if you have the same problem.

Im having a similar problem and my laptop is only a year old. I then thought it might be a problem with steam, so i tried installing it via the offline method. And it then told me to insert the FM 09 disc :S. Help would be much appreciated to get my FM11 up and running via steam. Thanks

Can somebody help me? I have installed the game but using the disc (ie. no steam) but as then the game won't start up. I get the following error message. 'fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.' I can the either send an error report to microsoft, or not. If I go into explorer I can see all the folders and files all loaded. Have tried opening it from there, again with no joy. Getting frustrated!

Can somebody help me? I have installed the game but using the disc (ie. no steam) but as then the game won't start up. I get the following error message. 'fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.' I can the either send an error report to microsoft, or not. If I go into explorer I can see all the folders and files all loaded. Have tried opening it from there, again with no joy. Getting frustrated!

Try deleting your Settings file- here's how to do that http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ?p=6066654&viewfull=1#post6066654

My problem is not with the disc as I have installed and uninstalled several times, and each time I have the same problem. Originally I installed the game using Steam, and then when starting up the game had the same error message ie. 'fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.'

I am more than fed up now. I have spent the whole day on and off trying to play without success. The game seems to install but then does not start up. I get the following error message. 'fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.' Tried a couple of things as above, without success. Thought I would try and install FM2010 again, which installs and starts up no problem. So whats the difference between 10 & 11. Seriously hacked off, can anybody help? Cheers.

Hmmmm, if you have installed the game, there's a thing you can try :

install Steam

Games menu : Add a non Steam game to my library

Choose FM2011

if the game still have a problem when you launch it :

View menu

Game list

right click on FM2011 : properties

local files menu : verify integrity of game cache

Steam will verify all files in the Fm2011 and replace corrupt/bad installed files.

Cheers Matt. The link you posted above refers to installing via Steam which I haven't done (though did originally and still had the same problem.) Still tried what it says though on right clicking the icon and choosing properties, local files is not then an option.

Here's some of my PC info. I have always played the previous games and just last night succesfully installed and started up FM10.

Windows XP

Media Centre Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 3

Genuine Intel ® CPU

T2050 @ 1.6Ghz

1.6Ghz , 0.99GB of RAM

Hmmm. It's not a Steam specific instruction - it's about updating DirectX and the skin cache for the game. Message 9 in that thread.

Also - given the relatively low spec of the pc - I'd definitely recommend updating your graphics card drivers to boot. That may also help?

Okay. I have .NET Framework v1.1. Shall I remove it and anything related to it (Service Packs etc) and install v2.0. In relation to the graphics card how come previous FM's have worked, though admittedly I have never been able to watch 3d games. Cheers.

Guys after not getting my copy delivered Ive just been to Game to buy FM2011. When installed offline it said there were problems with the installation, it opened up fine initially, now the shortcut in Games just opens a folder that is empty and clicking on my DVD drive doesnt open it either........................Any thoughts ??

Okay... Hi guys.

I've installed the boxed game on my windows lap top, no problems. I have tried to install on my IMAC. No joy. The game seems to install but when I click the icon through the applications folder, it wont boot up. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but still won't load up.

Any ideas?

Thanks

PP

I've got the same problem - attempting to start the game right after installation gives me a "fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." pop-up box. Tremendously frustrating.

For what it's worth I have an Intel GMA 950 graphics card and I've already tried the above fixes suggested to guruhd.

RedefiningForm - That sounds like my problem. Try the links above from Matt (go to message 9) and update Directx and .Net Framework (which I am struggling to sort out). Let me know if you get yours sorted. I am still trying.

• Administrators

Yes, I've already done that as well as clear my registry of any SI entries - doesn't work.

Neil, do you have something similar for the IMAC?

Thanks

PP

I'm getting a crash log:

Host Name: Macintosh

Date/Time: 2010-11-06 13:49:20.002 +0000

OS Version: 10.4.11 (Build 8S2167)

Report Version: 4

Command: fm

Path: /Applications/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/fm.app/Contents/MacOS/fm

Parent: WindowServer [56]

Version: 11 . 0 (11 . 0 . 0 f 151894)

PID: 9761

Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

unknown required load command 0x8000001C

The Direct Software Development Kit won't load. Error message 'This setup executable has not been packed with files and settings. Please use the PACKER tool to build this executable. Error Code S1001' ?????????????

I am seriously thinking of buying a new laptop just so I can play it. Fed up of reading about other peoples gripes with the game, when I, having took last Friday off work to buy it and play it, can't play it at all. DELL, buy now pay November 2011, delivery in 24 hours, I could be playing it by Friday!!

Archived