Cant install boxed game?

Just got my game in the post. Wohoo. Not all good news tho.

The 'InstallAnywhere' box pops up loads to 100% and then nothing... I get the Java icon down on the task bar indicating theres a window open but when i click on it theres just no window there, or there mgiht be but it just wont open.

I've updated Java to the latest version, i've removed and then installed a fresh copy of Java. I've reset the computer multiple times after updating/installing Java and still no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I've waited nearly an hour now let alone to 10-20 minutes and nothing. Popped out shopping and left it on but nothing.

There arnt any radio buttons as far as i can see. I run setup.exe and then the 'InstalAnywhere' loads to 100% and then nothing happens except for the Java icon in the task menu.

I (rather stupidly) have no anti-virus/spyware programs installed (apart from the usual windows rubbish like defender and that) and no printers attatched.

Still no luck :(

I've waited nearly an hour now let alone to 10-20 minutes and nothing. Popped out shopping and left it on but nothing.

There arnt any radio buttons as far as i can see. I run setup.exe and then the 'InstalAnywhere' loads to 100% and then nothing happens except for the Java icon in the task menu.

I (rather stupidly) have no anti-virus/spyware programs installed (apart from the usual windows rubbish like defender and that) and no printers attatched.

Still no luck :(

I'm a bit stumped as to why this is happening. One thing you could try however is the following:

- Browse to "C:/Program Files/Common Files/"

- You should see a folder here called "Installshield". Rename this to something else like "Installshield old" and try running the installer again to see if that helps.

Just tried changing the 'installshield' folder an no change what so ever. I'm starting to think its a JRE problem since as soon as it goes to the Java bit of the install process it just stops. But apart from a fresh installing/updating the Java i dont know how to fix it :s

It cant be a DVD drive rpoblem as it reads the disc fine, and then starts installing until that dreaded Java bit.

• Administrators

Muckie, if you're desperate to play and can't get this resolved, you can download and run the game via Steam with the code on the back of your manual. Details on how to do this can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ-and-Manual?p=6066635&viewfull=1#post6066635

I was thinking of doing that but i guessed that even if i downloaded from steam it would use a similar install method and just stop when it reached that Java bit again.

Anyways, after a computer format and re-install of windows it installed first time. Thanks for trying to help guys and sorry i couldnt find a decent fix (apart from formatting and starting fresh) incase others encounter this problem.

I remembered i had similar problems trying to run LimeWire (before it was shutdown) where that frooze as soon as Java was loaded.

And now its play time :) .

Archived