Beginners guide to FM 2011 - Proposal

Introduction

I am a old school player of the old championship manager games. I used to spend WAY too long playing championship manager and trying to create footballing dynasty's etc. I sort of lost my way with FM, I never took to it to the extent that I did with the CM series. I am not sure when this happened but I just generally lost interest and never seemed to have the time to really re-learn everything again.

So now I have some time on my hands before the new year and I thought that I would try and teach myself the game and all that in entails. My goal is not to be some FM maestro who goes on season long unbeaten runs, I simply want to enjoy the game, be successful with it and more importantly understand how everything works. With that in mind, I have decided to try and create a little starter guide to FM, which will hopefully help people like myself and new players understand the game and what you need to do to be successful.

A word of warning here, this will not be a FM Bible of any sorts, this will be basic information aimed at focusing players on creating a successful basic strategy's that can be employed at all levels of the game. The core aspect of the guide will be to simply teach the basics behind the game in regards to understand players, the media and the tactics/match engine.

As I stated above, I am very green to the latest versions of FM so my knowledge is severely limited, so I am asking for as much help as possible. What I basically intend to do is to split the guide into sections, and work on one section at a time until I am satisfied with it. Eventually I think I will try and release a simple PDF document of the whole lot, hopefully around Christmas time.

If the response to this proposal is positive I will start posting questions to the forums and generally forming the information into some semblance of usefulness.

If anyone has any comments/advice feel free to post them.

Archived