Football manager 2011 review........to buy or not to buy

I am a footy manager fanatic, I LOVE FOOTBALL.

Maybe this makes me a "so called" fanboy, or maybe it makes me a harsh critic?

I prefer to think of myself as a critic, in the sense that if I didnt like bits of this game I would let others know and be truthful.

BUT I LOVE IT.

There is an even greater sense of realism, which always baffles me, because every year I ponder on what else they could do to imporve the game, or make it any more addictive, but they keep on doing it.

This year I am using the 3d match engine all the time, I have never done this, so the improvements in the engine a very good if I am using it now.

Adding in agents for contract talks is a subtle stroke of genius, it just adds that extra level of detail into the game, and it can be fun going back and forth for the negotiations.

Also the conversations you now have with players have a more human element to them, each player has their own personal views on certain situations, so they all act differently, so man management skills are a must, what works for one wont work for another.

Press talks are abit more improved, but can still be formulated in the same way.

Tactics wise its much of the same, and I have tweaked mine to find something thats works, but I know it wont work for another team, because of the players availble etc.

You can now upload various information on your game to twitter and youtube, facebook would of been another great add, maybe next time :)

Again most the leagues for kits etc are covered, but you can donwload mods etc and add kits faces skins as always.

The game is more addictive than ever, sending out scouts to find those hidden gems is always fun, transfers are realistic, the "JUST one more turn" element is back with a bang.

I am a fan of the series, but also a harsh critic, look this game is immense once again, it is a MUST for any football fan.

Regards steam, I have a steam account, and have done for around 7 years now, with over 100 games. It is a great little system, that offers in game chat with friends, acheviements, auto patching, voice and group chat etc.

If piracy wasnt so high systems like steam wouldnt need to be used, and although you can install the disc version without it, I would recommend steam highly.

If piracy wasnt so high systems like steam wouldnt need to be used, and although you can install the disc version without it, I would recommend steam highly.

If games developers stopped ripping people off with awful half finished games (no, not you SI), piracy would be a lot less and completely unjustified, but that's an entirely different subject!

I'll buy the game at some point, as I always have done with every single version of FM, but I think I'll wait for a bit before I do as I have a family to feed and xmass is coming up! :/

Bah humbug.

Archived