Norton sonar threat detected

Bought the game through gamersgate and downloaded it and went to install it today. This worked no problems at all. When I tried to launch the game however Norton kicked in and I got the message that Norton Sonar had detected a threat and deleted the FM exe file. Anyone know what settings to do in Norton to avoid this after the game is reinstalled.

Bought the game through gamersgate and downloaded it and went to install it today. This worked no problems at all. When I tried to launch the game however Norton kicked in and I got the message that Norton Sonar had detected a threat and deleted the FM exe file. Anyone know what settings to do in Norton to avoid this after the game is reinstalled.

Not 100% familiar with that system - but try this link:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/HOTFIX-for-NIS-NAV-2010-SONAR-quarantines-files-that-are-already/m-p/146740

Actually, this post refers to the situation of Norton still quarantining something you asked it not to - so once you have excluded the file, if it happens again, use the above link to stop it occuring in the future.

Archived