Work Permit

Just recently signed Daniel Opare for Chelsea, but I still need to get him a work permit... he's in my squad list and everything but his work permit was declined now he's apart of my team but I can't use him?

Is there a way to continue applying or do I need to sell him?

If his work permit was denied, you were allowed sign him on the basis you would loan him to a feeder club. Loan him to Chelsea's Belgian feeder team for three seasons and he will gain Belgian nationallity. If he happens to become a regular in the Ghana side before the 3 seasons are up, try offering him a new contract and he may well be granted a work permit

Nope.. as Chelsea... everytime I've ever bought a player and had a work permit rejected the transfer would be declined altogether.. first time it's actually gone through though oO weird.. atleast I know now I guess haha.

Cheers guys

Nope.. as Chelsea... everytime I've ever bought a player and had a work permit rejected the transfer would be declined altogether.. first time it's actually gone through though oO weird.. atleast I know now I guess haha.

Cheers guys

Strange, are you sure you appealed every time?

Yep... Always appeal lol coz it usually goes through second time, but not always

Iv'e never experienced that on any version of FM before.

The only thing I could think of is that you are trying to sign a player under the age of 18 from Brazil? Players cannot leave Brazil under 18 (unless to a country listed as their 2nd nationallity) which would result in the whole deal being called off.

Really? talked to a few mates who all get the same thing as me with work permits, either granted or transfer is cancelled... the transfer never has gone through for me after a work permit has been declined... so new experience ;o

The same thing usually happens for me

I play as RM mostly and if the Work Permit is rejected the signing falls through, never had it accepted without the work permit

Thats why I thought it was a bug

Once your club has a feeder team for 'avoiding work permits' you are able to sign any player on appeal as long as there are no age restrictions on leaving his country.

That has been the case up to FM10 and never have I heard of any problems before. I have not played FM11 yet so can't comment on that.

If you have experienced these problems on previous versions of FM, from what I can gather it looks like you are doing something wrong

Archived