Cannot Install Boxed Game

Hi

Just purchased the boxed version and when I've past the pre-install screens I get a message saying Please insert New Media - select FM2009 or browse to find it.

Is this a known issue? I have uninstalled FM2009 last year.

Please help

Yer try the steps listed here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ?p=6066638&viewfull=1#post6066638

On installing FM11 I get asked during install ‘Please Insert FM09 Disc’ - why is this?

For this you’ll need to delete your settings folder, as there’s a chance there’s old data left on your machine from a previous version, this can be done as described below:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:

My Computer

'Tools'

'Folder Options'.

The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

My Computer

'Organize'

'Folder and Search Options'.

The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Delete the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Delete the “Sports Interactive” Folder

Sorry if this is a daft question, but does this mean that you have to uninstall and remove FM10 before installing FM11? If so what about mod stuff I have downloaded such as logos, facepacks etc - should I just put this folder elsewhere before uninstalling FM10 and then copy it into the relevant folder on FM11?

Thanks

Thanks LFC that makes sense to me as I remember having 07 and 08 on my old pc but the initial post here seemed strange. Just got to wait another 4 hours til I finish work and then buy it on the way home.....not getting much done apart from reading the forums lol

Can someone help i seem to remember having the same problem last year, I loaded the game ok ( on vista ) but quit at the game menu to install the patch and now I cant find the game anywhere ..... on the games menu it just opens what its saying is an empty folder ... i seem to remember having to delete FM08 last year, do i now have to do the same with FM09

Archived