Insert game CD? Help please.

I've bought/downloaded the game via GamersGate. When I start the game launcher, it downloaded some 1.32gb and ran the installation. After it was finished I patched the game to 11.1 patch and upon entering the game it asks for a CD which I don't have. What am I doing wrong?

Also, on my Gamers Gate account I have a CD Key, but during the installation I was not asked to type it in anywhere.

I've bought/downloaded the game via GamersGate. When I start the game launcher, it downloaded some 1.32gb and ran the installation. After it was finished I patched the game to 11.1 patch and upon entering the game it asks for a CD which I don't have. What am I doing wrong?

It sounds like you may have installed the patch intended for the boxed version.

If this is the case, you will need to completely uninstall and reinstall the game to get it to work. Can you try doing that first and attempt to launch the game without patching it to see if it runs okay?

Ok this way the game works, but without the patch. I was also prompted for the CD Key when I ran the game, didn't have an account so I created it and typed the CD Key in, the game ran fine. Can I install the patch? At first I used the 11.1 (PC Disc) from the official site.

The Byteshield version is already 11.1 code, so you do not need to apply the patch.

darn I wish I had found this thread a little earlier...

Same problem here. Will have to reinstall now. Maybe make a note at the patch download site so that others are warned ;)

cheers

Archived