Set piece creator - some observations

The new set piece creator is probably the 1st step towards creating a customized set piece routines. But what I would like to see is set piece tactics...just like match play tactics...which can be plugged into as an accessory to the match tactics.

So if I am leading in an away match and its the final 10 mins, I would like to play a short corner routine. Now what I need to do here is either change the corner setup with individual instructions for each player or I switch to another match tactics which has that short corner routine. Instead it should be a simple plugin job where I go to the team instructions of my current match tactics and from a drop down, select "corner routine #4" for right sided corners and "corner routine #5" for left sided corners. The individual player instructions are stored within the routine itself and I dont need to change anything. This is much more intuitive and how real life situations pan out.

Another thing that we would like to see is if I can have real players assigned duties during the set pieces and not positions. So if I have a tall right back, I will ask him to go forward during a corner..but if I only say my right back goes to attack, if in next match, a shorter one is playing there, it would be counter productive. The real time instruction to players is what should matter. And this should over ride the instructions stored in the set piece routines I mentioned above.

Archived