How dare you insult me!? Manager v Player

I just signed a player who I deemed needed to ply his trade with the reserves as he was young and inexperienced. Right after doing so, he confronted me in such an unprofessional manner, it made my blood boil!

Now, he has requested for a transfer right of the bat and he hasn't even played a single game whatsoever! You mess with the manager, you rot in the reserves!!!

P.S. Player I'm talking about is Emiliano Martinez, signed by Arsenal at the end of the starting Transfer window.

I just signed a player who I deemed needed to ply his trade with the reserves as he was young and inexperienced. Right after doing so, he confronted me in such an unprofessional manner, it made my blood boil!

Now, he has requested for a transfer right of the bat and he hasn't even played a single game whatsoever! You mess with the manager, you rot in the reserves!!!

P.S. Player I'm talking about is Emiliano Martinez, signed by Arsenal at the end of the starting Transfer window.

IMO this is a bug. A player should be aware of the talent level of the team he is joining and should never get angry if he starts his career in the reserves if he isnt as good as other players at his position.

Just a question - what was his squad status in the contract negotiations?

See that's the thing, I don't know what was the given squad status as it was a pre 'fixed' transfer in the database. It would be important as I believe it might have been first team etc, hence the outburst!

Good point there!

Can anyone explain to me what "worried by lack of discipline" means? Torres and I are fighting now. I love the guy, but honestly!

People getting lots of red cards and you're not punishing them or something?

Can anyone explain to me what "worried by lack of discipline" means? Torres and I are fighting now. I love the guy, but honestly!

I got it with carragher and gerrard at teh same time out of nowhere. no clue what happened. on a 11 game unbeaten streak and they freak out then gerrard doesn't believe what i say and requests a transfer.... no clue what happened, or why... baffled.

i quit and restarted from last save, pretty much same results, no issues... i'm not big on quitting and restarting but i was absolutely lost at that one.

I think it depends on the manager history. If your starting with one of the big teams and your manger history is automatic (or whatever it's called at the start) I think the big players don't trust you due to lack of experience. I'm with Luton and they all listen to me and my history is "semi-professional footballer". I think if you start with a lower league they may listen straight away but you need to earn the respect for the bigger players at bigger clubs

You get this if your players get sent off and you dont take any action against them. If a player in my team get a yellow then red card I give them a warning. If they get a straight red card then I give them a fine. This seems to stop players becoming worried by your lack of discipline.

As for the change in squad status problems I am sure that this was one of the things that they addressed in the patch so if you haven't already done so install the patch. You dont need to start a new game after doing this unless your Liverpool and want the new owners at your club.

You get this if your players get sent off and you dont take any action against them. If a player in my team get a yellow then red card I give them a warning. If they get a straight red card then I give them a fine. This seems to stop players becoming worried by your lack of discipline.

As for the change in squad status problems I am sure that this was one of the things that they addressed in the patch so if you haven't already done so install the patch. You dont need to start a new game after doing this unless your Liverpool and want the new owners at your club.

Yup, spot on there. But always beware, if you fine some players, they get angry and ask for transfer requests! LoL!

See that's the thing, I don't know what was the given squad status as it was a pre 'fixed' transfer in the database. It would be important as I believe it might have been first team etc, hence the outburst!

Good point there!

I dont understand, firstly you say you got him at the end of the opening transfer window then you state it was a 'fixed' transfer in the DB. that's 2 different things, which 1 was it ? was it already organised when you started or did you go out of your way and scout players and buy him ? If it was a fixed transfer, wouldnt he have come on July 1st ? unless of course it was organised to come at the end of his current contract and that being end of August is indeed weird to say the least

I dont understand, firstly you say you got him at the end of the opening transfer window then you state it was a 'fixed' transfer in the DB. that's 2 different things, which 1 was it ? was it already organised when you started or did you go out of your way and scout players and buy him ? If it was a fixed transfer, wouldnt he have come on July 1st ? unless of course it was organised to come at the end of his current contract and that being end of August is indeed weird to say the least

In the editor, the transfer is set for 2nd September 2010, but since the window is closed, it's probably rearrange for the 2nd window

I just had exactly the same thing happened with Emiliano Martinez. As I had Akinfeev, Almunia, and Fabianski in my first team squad, I dropped him to my reserves. The result was him wanting to leave the club less than 12 hours after he arrived. :D

Yup, spot on there. But always beware, if you fine some players, they get angry and ask for transfer requests! LoL!

FWIW, I've never had that happen. Usually the response is something along the lines of "promises to be more disciplined in the future."

Like trekman, I give a warning if it's 2 yellows = red; one week fine for a straight red (sometimes just a warning if it was for a professional foul); two week fine for something major (like kicking out at an opposing player)

Players are just far too fickle

Transfer Listing a player or moving them outside of the first team is currently appearing to be an instant unhappiness (the transfer is worse when you've told them before hand and they say they're ok with it)

But then I'm seeing unhappy players all over the game, half of the Man City dressing room is wanting out, Ronaldo has just said he wants to leave Madrid

This 'issue' is more or less the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back for me when it came to making the decision to purchase the game after I had tried the demo out. I'll be waiting for the Christmas patch and hopefully that will sort out the over-the-top sensitivities players display after being moved between squads. I personally think the chance for the spanish leagues' yellow card hot fix to fix this would be rather slim.

Just loaded up a new game, and the player in question is being given a "decent young player" in his contract status when he transfers, so it's not a case of him having a key player or first team status that's causing this issue

I've altered his transfer to happen instantly as I want to test something, be back momentarily

Edit: The game won't let me test it because "I haven't been at the club long enough"

Basically, what I was going to do was tell him he was going into the reserves, process a day or two, and then move him and see if it prevented him from being unhappy

The reason for the processing, is because I've noticed this year, that many actions aren't instant, but occur a day or two later

Ok, I've decided to do this on my normal save with one of my bench-warmers

Went into private chat and said I'm putting him into the reserves as he isn't playing well (well, he actually has only player 2 games per season, but the other option was about poor attitude which he didn't have)

The game automatically put him into the reserves without my input

However, about a week later I've yet to have any news of him being unhappy and according to FMRTE I'm now on his favoured persons list (with a 5)

So if you want to take a player out of the first team, it seems you have to do it via private chat maybe

Now going to run the same test but for transfers

Edit: Player has taken it fine, automatically listed by the game when I told him, and FMRTE says he likes me even more now

I also reloaded to before he was listed, and listed him without a private chat and while I haven't had any news about unhappiness, FMRTE shows his opinion hasn't actually altered

So again, it looks like it has to be done via private chat with players ideally

Of course, I may have the luck of the players already having a bit of respect due to me coming in and turning the club around

Ok, I've decided to do this on my normal save with one of my bench-warmers

Went into private chat and said I'm putting him into the reserves as he isn't playing well (well, he actually has only player 2 games per season, but the other option was about poor attitude which he didn't have)

The game automatically put him into the reserves without my input

However, about a week later I've yet to have any news of him being unhappy and according to FMRTE I'm now on his favoured persons list (with a 5)

So if you want to take a player out of the first team, it seems you have to do it via private chat maybe

Now going to run the same test but for transfers

Edit: Player has taken it fine, automatically listed by the game when I told him, and FMRTE says he likes me even more now

I also reloaded to before he was listed, and listed him without a private chat and while I haven't had any news about unhappiness, FMRTE shows his opinion hasn't actually altered

So again, it looks like it has to be done via private chat with players ideally

Of course, I may have the luck of the players already having a bit of respect due to me coming in and turning the club around

Interesting one there. it does seem like if you want to put a player in the reserves, it would be better to inform him privately about it rather than do it without letting him know...

I'd imagine you will always get some problems

However, upon reloading the save I decided the same player actually was surplus to my needs, but this time he had a problem with it and I had to do the "I'm sorry, please forgive me" grovelling option, and only two days had past from my original test

I'm thinking the reaction will be different each day, therefore might be wise to save first, if you don't get the reaction you, reload and try the next day or something

I also have a player leaving who absolutely hates me (dislike:100)... all because I said I was disappointed at my team for loosing 1-0 to 9-men opposition

I had 5 players unhappy, and he was the only one to refuse to accept my "I will try to approve" grovel

Of course, it turns out his "favoured club" was Liverpool... direct rivals to mine (Everton), so I'm wondering if that had an effect, which if it did would show complete professionalism for a Championship player

He has now refused to talk to me for 5 months, and I've finally managed to persuade Colchester to take him for free (this is a player worth £100k)

Speaking of squad status, I had a player called Araujo came in with squad status as "Hot prospect for the future".

Of course, new transfers are automatically placed in first team, which isn't where I wanted Araujo since he is a player for the future and was never going to play straight away. I move him down, he gets angry and now is listed by request. He would have known his status, how would he take first-team expectations from it?

i've also noticed this problem. With putting players on the trasnfer list, if you do it out the blue, they get annoyed, if you do it via a private chat they seem fine with it. i can cope with that, seems reasonable.

but when you buy a player with hot prospect or backup in his contract, he should not complain when he goes straight into the reserves without a private chat.

needs a tweak SI

I'd imagine you will always get some problems

However, upon reloading the save I decided the same player actually was surplus to my needs, but this time he had a problem with it and I had to do the "I'm sorry, please forgive me" grovelling option, and only two days had past from my original test

I'm thinking the reaction will be different each day, therefore might be wise to save first, if you don't get the reaction you, reload and try the next day or something

I also have a player leaving who absolutely hates me (dislike:100)... all because I said I was disappointed at my team for loosing 1-0 to 9-men opposition

I had 5 players unhappy, and he was the only one to refuse to accept my "I will try to approve" grovel

Of course, it turns out his "favoured club" was Liverpool... direct rivals to mine (Everton), so I'm wondering if that had an effect, which if it did would show complete professionalism for a Championship player

He has now refused to talk to me for 5 months, and I've finally managed to persuade Colchester to take him for free (this is a player worth £100k)

Yup, the load trick would definitely work... :)

But yeah, I decided for the first time in my life to never load back a save unless it's a crash or something... so if i'm Real Madrid player against some team from the Philippines, and I lose... a loss is a loss... same thing goes when a screw up something with a Key player and he requests for a transfer... oh well, learn from my mistakes! :p

I had a situation similar to this BUT I done it by accident. I was making players available for a reserve friendly and instead of clicking "Available for reserves" I clicked "Reserve Squad" which moved him to the reserves. Next thing I knew was that a member of my backroom staff wanted to bring to my attention of that player being unhappy, so I went through the Private Chat to see what his problem was and he was unhappy at being put into the reserves. I started off by having a soft approach and I chose the "It won't happen again" choice and his attitude was starting to get to me as it was like HE was calling the shots, so I had another chat with him and said he was being totally unprofessional about it and he is now basically in the huff and is wanting to leave.

Now, after having another chat with another player I found the "moving to reserves" part in Private Chat and I THINK that if you are going to move a player to the reserves squad you are best actually going through the Private Chat with the player to at least warn him about it rather than just move him into the reserves. I haven't done it as of yet but might try it on one of my players just to see how it goes.

I think this time the game has tried to bring in the player interaction more with a lot of things to try and build the player/manager relations which is a bit more like real life because how many players would be happy about being put into the reserve team without being told first? Think this time Private Chat is the way to go for a lot of things.

Archived