FM2011 is Literally Unplayable for Me

Yep..no matter what I do I get a crash dump whenever I click on any of my squads.

This just sucks. Guess this game will be unplayable for me for months until a patch or maybe forever. Goodbye $40.

try looking in the technical issues and crashes part of the bugs forum

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/207-Technical-Issues-and-Crashes

Posting about it here isnt going to get you much help.

is problem solved or not?
Looks like it is, Right after my last post a couple friends came over and demanded I go out drinking with them. But the crash dumps have ended for the moment.

So you are implying that drinking solves problems? :D

Can't you just use the light skin for the moment?

I tried and failed with it.

try looking in the technical issues and crashes part of the bugs forum

Posting about it here isnt going to get you much help.

I did and havent found satisfaction.

why not just use the default skin that comes with the game ?

Per above, no luck with it. The retro skin just passed a very small test run..Im hoping it will work for a full game.

Crash dump issues are associated with broken ddll and registry issues on the windows system, always pay's to have registry fixers on your comp.

Can I check this manually?

Tried a clean reinstall, and/or disabling cache in the skin selection settings?

Ill give this a try as well. I dled from Steam and there was an issue that I fixed with properties/local files/verify game cache.

• SI Staff
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/bababui_2007/crashdump.jpg

Another crashdump. I just am too frustrated to try another game and the customer service by SI on game release is shockingly lacking.

Where is the topic in the bugs section? I can't find it.

It's still early morning over here in the UK and a lot of our guys will have been up late last night offering support.

Like said, you really need to post into the Technical Support / Bug section of the forum, since the Tech Support guys don't look in General Discussions, they look over there

And I realize you've said you have, but I'm not even able to find it myself

last game i found actually deleting all the crash dumps in the folder solved the problem for me! so give that a try bababui

Ill try it. Thank you for the advice.

Where is the topic in the bugs section? I can't find it.

It's still early morning over here in the UK and a lot of our guys will have been up late last night offering support.

You are right sir. Will post now.

bababui let me know if it works for ya

Thank you Scorpio. I appreciate the time you and everyone else puts in to helping out. Its been a crazy last few nights. Tuesday night I barely slept following our elections..Wednesday night I barely slept waiting for news of the release..Thursday night I barely slept trying to get the game to work right. Friday I might have a few psychotic episodes from lack of sleep. :p

I would delete the whole FM11 folder under your personal settings- not just that one file (i.g., C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011) especially if the demo saved to that. Did you uninstall the demo before installing the full version? Are you trying to use a saved game from the demo to the full version? What kind of computer are you using? The kind of problem you are having, I am more inclinded to say the issue is due to a conflict on your end than the game itself. If I had to shoot from the hip, I would say it might be a .net framework problem- but that is just an uneducated guess.

Archived