Whats the story cm and fm

Mr Jacobsen : "There are dozens of reasons for us splitting, but, basically, we weren't going to be able to reach an agreement that suited both parties for the long term, as we've got different aims going forward with our businesses"

Name is just a name. I remember playing CM 2006 and my surprise - how the team who did CM4 managed to release a game with so huge bugs and it seems like a step down for me.

Later I heard about the case, bought myself FM2007 next year and never looked back icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Name is just a name. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sales too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

i was wondering which to get. i was going to give them both a go, i tried FM first and havent looked back since. liking FM seems to go hand in hand with liking pro evo, although im more into FIFA icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me too

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

didnt fm take everything but the name aswell. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In most cases, when a publisher and a developer make a deal, the publisher gets rights to the name, while the developer keeps the code (as with Far Cry, with Crytek going off to make Crysis while Far Cry 2 will be made by a different team).

In this case, if I remember correctly, Eidos kept the rights to the name and were allowed to keep using the same interface style, while SI kept the code and the database.

Of course, the funny thing is, SI then went along and created a whole new interface for the FM series which makes the old style (still in use by Beautiful Game Studios) look massively dated, lacking in user-friendliness, and lacking in functionality in comparison. icon_smile.gif

Then SI sold out to Sega meaning next time there's 'a difference in opinions', Sega get to keep the database too and we're all buggered icon_wink.gif

its the rights to the db and game engine its self Sega own now i believe, so if SI and Sega fall out, sega keep teh game, SI are out on their arses with just their huge mansions, piles of money, private yachts and many beautiful ladies to keep them happy.

Of course SI and Sega are as tight as the chuckle brothers so they would NEVER fall out, would they,...... ?

I heard a rumour that CM wanted to go down the road of Ultimate Soccer manager - setting the price of the hot dogs, picking the colour of the seats, picking sponsors, choosing players girlfriends, designing the kit and logo, 2D match engine, generated facepacks, ridiculous scorelines.

Hang on...?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jedclough:

I heard a rumour that CM wanted to go down the road of Ultimate Soccer manager - setting the price of the hot dogs, picking the colour of the seats, picking sponsors, choosing players girlfriends, designing the kit and logo, 2D match engine, generated facepacks, ridiculous scorelines.

Hang on...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol Human Managers' sons popping up in game....

Archived