Who still uses Player/Staff search?

I wonder do people still use this?

After the scouting was remade and with the reports I get for players I never buy players from player staff search.

I find it also very cheap to go to countries randomly and check their players for someone whos good ?

All I do is hire 8 scouts sent them around the world and make them scout all international competitions and etc.Also if I play against someone else and someone makes a decent game I scout him too also?

Other things I scout is the players that receive awards at the end of the season plus the young players of the month?

I build database of 200 players in my shortlist easily in 2 years and I have no trouble buying nice players

P.S Yes I forgot i use player staff search at 1st of January to check for expiring contracts in 6 months because there is no other way to know this if u dont use that :)

But Still i never buy a player without getting him scouted.

I use the player search all the time. I also play the game with player attribute masking disabled. I feel with the world how it is these days any manager can get most of the information he needs to know a player. The scouting system was always mediocre at best, has it improved in the past few versions?

It just hasn't been my play style. I prefer to manually look with the search and also look at most of the international youth teams a few times per year.

Yes mate you shoudl try it

There is no other way to find the next Cristiano if you do not scout the whole world and still u can miss it..

Actually you are not really correct managers have all the information but Alex Fergusen cant sit in his laptop today and decide he needs a goalscoring striker with 18 heading 18 speed and 18 composure and to find 3 players one of them whos cheap :).

I have like 8 scouts I check them weekly and get further reports on the players they find.. In 2 years I have such a huge database of my own players.

Also dunno why but now I never buy someoen without beeing scouted..

I had chance to buy Daniel Carvalio [4 caps brasil] at first I saw great technical attributes tehn scouted him 3 times and all said he is worse then my current team .I studied him more and realised they are throu ..Although he had amazing techincal stastitics his physical sucked and he underperfomed in 4 trial matches.

I do actually use the scouts and have a look at the reports they bring but I spend more time filtering the player search. Thing is I have already found those players the majority of the time before the scout. I also dont sign anyone without scouting them, thats unless I take a gamble and buy someone who is outside of my area I can send scouts.

Using the player search only shows certain players anyways, its not like I can see every player in the FM world just those well known or in my region.

• SI Staff

I still use the player and staff search all the time. It's great for filtering out what you are not looking for and once you have your scouting up and running it's invaluable.

Obviously there are other ways to find players as well but the search is still one of the most powerful places to find what you are looking for.

Archived