very large custom database!

so i decided this FM i would do something quite new to me and exceed my usual database and nation/league size

i usually go for 14/15 nations and 42 leagues

today on setting up new game i've gone for this

140,000 players, all players from south america and italy and spain

england - BSN/BSS

scotland - 3rd division

ireland - 2 divisions

wales

n.ireland

slovakia

russia

ukraine

sweden

norway

italy - serie C

spain - all divisions

germany - all divisions

france - all divisions

denmark

holland

czech republic

finland

portugal

switzerland

croatia

belgium

serbia

hungary

turkey

greece

south africa

china

south korea

hong kong

australia

US

mexico

brazil - all divisions

argentina - all divisions

chile

peru

colombia

a bit ambitious but i enjoy long term saves too much and thought it was best for almost every playable league

game is running fine for me (i have a decnt com setup so it's as expected)

anyone else go with this type of huge game? (bare in mind all my leagues are active none are view only)

i'll keep reporting back on game speeds and such in the future

Out of interest where did you acquire the money to buy a supercomputer?

But in all seriousness what specs is your pc?

AMD phenom II quad 965 processor 3.39ghz

8gb ddr2 ram 1066 mhz

geforce gtx 260 512mb GPU SLI-BAND

1 TB sata HD

hardly a super computer i've had it a year and imo i want to go DDR3 before xmas

i have a fairly good career and PC building is my hobby :D

512 gfx is hardly stellar (then again FM doesn't really need it)

8gb ram is pretty immense though, DDR3 would be better.

still though, mental. and if you end up managing for 15+ years you are going to curse that choice when you have to wait 5 minutes for the game to load up ;)

ok guys and girls interested in such a large game

i've noticed (playing from england with leeds utd)

saturday match day processing takes about 45secs to 1 minute 30 seconds on average , i personally find this acceptable maybe you guys wouldn't

wednesday night processing takes 30-45 seconds, again this is acceptable for me

still though, mental. and if you end up managing for 15+ years you are going to curse that choice when you have to wait 5 minutes for the game to load up ;)

yeah i'm planning a major overhaul near december

some very nice GPU cards out atm and definately want DDR3

2 stars

it was full 5 stars until i exceeded 75k players

it also stated in big red letters YOU'VE GONE OVER THE RECOMMENDED 125K PLAYERS

so i ignored that and set up the database (that took atleast 10 minutes to get it started)

haha yeah i got that too on mine, i never let the stars rating bother me lol

Early goings, but does it seem as if FM11 runs big games faster than FM10?

couldn't tell you mate as the most i did on fm10 was about 42 leagues and 95k players

so it's an unfair comparison

this is by far the biggest database i've ever done and i'm loving it atm

have to wait until 15 years though like someone above stated :D

On my laptop I tried loading 18 nations and 44 leagues with all players from south america and europe.

Yes the game stopped responding half way and I had to shut it down and try a little less ambitious approach than 240000 players lol....

On my laptop I tried loading 18 nations and 44 leagues with all players from south america and europe.

Yes the game stopped responding half way and I had to shut it down and try a little less ambitious approach than 240000 players lol....

all players from europe lol

240k wow i'd never go that far

i think the max is 300k players iirc

I loaded all European leagues plus USA and Australia, and then added all players from all six continents. The game was running fine but I had a major hang up loading all teams to pick a friendly opponent.

I quit the application and decided to remove all the Eastern European teams but keep all the players. I'm just assuming that loading all players from Europe will load all players from Europe, or would I have to load all players from each nation?

I had 5 stars for system but a half for speed (or whatever the headings are).

This is a quad core 3.2 GHz, 6G RAM and a GeForce GTX 285. I don't really envisage any problems as I ran a save of equalish size in 2010. It just takes a while to load.

Oh I have something like 310,000 players. I surpassed the recommended number way before finishing my setup and I think that number is conservative...but if my PC blows up I'll pay more attention next time.

I started another new game because I didn't have enough poor countries to get a job as a Sunday League footballer. I decided to run all but the South American leagues and Mexico (never had much interest in South America) with the maximum players. It's taking an absolute eternity to load the game but hopefully this will be a fun and memorable save.

If I manage to get one of the lower league European teams that ignored me in my smaller save then I'm going to scream.

8GB will need a 64bit os

I'm currently running all nations and all of their default leagues (except for England which I have changed to BS N/S) + large database. I only played it for an hour or two last night, but it ran rather nicely.

Granted I am running a 6 core, i7 980x overclocked to 4gig with 6gig of Corsair Elpidia Dominator GT 2000mhz DDR3 ;)

yeah that's why in this point in the future i went 64 bit :)

that's a nice system, you have btw :D

i haven't bought an intel processor for years, how are they getting on chris compared to AMD?

Sorry to say, as an AMD fan which I am, Intel absolutely kick ass at the higher end, especially if overclocked. The AMD's are left trailing quite some way behind.

I still have my fingers crossed that AMD's next gen will revive their fortunes.

32 bit maxes out at 3gb ram

3200 mb now that i think about it

It varies, mine is 3.4gb but its aroun 3.5gb tops. However with 32bit I think a single application can only use 1gb ram max of the 3, whatever anyway

My db is 75k players and that gives me 3 stars on my pc

I have gone for many, but not as much as you though.

Untitled.jpg

My pc specs:

i7 920@ 4.3GHz (HT is on so its 8 processors)

6gb ddr3 ram 1333 mhz

4870x2 GPU

oooh nice - I've a single 1gb 4870 - they do run warm so your will save money on the heating come winter

I run the same as him but with specs like 4GB Ram, GForce 9500 ect and it works fine,

Currently running:

South Korea, Iceland, Mexico, Belgium, Czech Rep, Finland, Germany, Norway, Switzerland, Portugal, Australia, Argentina, Brazil & Spain (All Leagues)

England (League2) France (National) Italy (C1)

Holland, Greece, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine (View Only)

on my laptop which has 2GB Ram, GForce 7500, Intel Duel Core T5250 @ 1.50GHz and the above is running nicely

Best upgrade for FM is to add an SSD drive as your boot drive and install FM there. It will absolutely fly along. Not tested FM11 yet but my 600mb FM10 save loads in about 15-20 seconds and a lot of that is down to the 3yr old 6600 Quad Core starting to suffer.

always load my games with every nation top division and some 2nd divisions and the entire english and scottish leagues, all players in the game retained (310,000!!!!) and i dont have anywhere near a supercomputer. dual core 2.8ghz, 2gb ram, nvidia geforce 9500gt and it still runs reasonably well. only time it slows down is when processing the 1st of july in a new season when most leagues get their regen youth players but i usually just walk the dog or go get something to eat then.

Quote from daemonic:

"Best upgrade for FM is to add an SSD drive as your boot drive and install FM there. It will absolutely fly along. Not tested FM11 yet but my 600mb FM10 save loads in about 15-20 seconds and a lot of that is down to the 3yr old 6600 Quad Core starting to suffer."

I second that. Planning to add my laptop with a OCZ 120GB Vertez II SSD drive in the next week or so for the OS and FM (and keep general software on the 500GB HDD). That should move it along nicely.

Archived