Install problem? FM 2011

Hi,

I have been trying to install FM11 for the last 3 hours to no avail. I have managed to get it to where you choose where you want to install it 'steam' or 'offline' however i click through steam and it goes to the 'installing' page however then it just closes and nothing. Please someone helppp

**this is the boxed version by the way

Hi spider90,

There is a large Steam installation FAQ here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/156429

In particular, I'd suggest following these steps:

Certain Steam issues may be corrected by renaming the ClientRegistry.blob and restarting Steam.

Completely exit from the Steam client.

Go to C:\Program Files\Steam (or the Steam directory that was specified during installation).

Locate ClientRegistry.blob and rename this file to ClientRegistryOld.blob.

Restart Steam to allow the file to be recreated.

Thanks for your help, this hasn't worked and caused a major steam crash. I have tried to install it 'offline' and it wont get past 'installing...uninstall fm2011.exe' then it comes up with various things as shown below (these only happen when trying to install offline)

fm11nothappy.jpg

Thanks for your help, this hasn't worked and caused a major steam crash. I have tried to install it 'offline' and it wont get past 'installing...uninstall fm2011.exe' then it comes up with various things as shown below (these only happen when trying to install offline)

fm11nothappy.jpg

Hi Spider90,

Try clearing your cache and settings files first and then re-installing the game:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ?p=6066653&viewfull=1#post6066653

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ?p=6066654&viewfull=1#post6066654

Im using Windows Vista, 2.2Ghz, 3GB RAM on a 32-bit OS system

However i am trying this...

My computer will not read my DVD disc

Please make sure your DVD is free from dust and smudges. If the disc has become dirty clean with a soft dry cloth until the surface of the disc is clear. To do this wipe from the inside of the disc to the outside, do not clean the disc in a circular motion this can damage your disc.

Also please make sure you practice routine maintenance on your DVD drive. A commercially available lens cleaner will help keep your DVD drive in top condition.

If you have followed the advice above yet you still have a problem then you can download the game in Steam without using the disc using the game code you have from your purchased game.

- Download the Steam client -

- Install Steam on your computer

- Once installed, open up Steam

- Go to My Games

- Go to Activate a product on Steam

- Enter your Activation Code found on the back of the manual.

- Steam should now download your game.

I hope this works, i got a feeling I may have an issue with my disk drive. Thank you for your help, i will let you know if this doesnt work

my lap cant read the retail fm11 disc ether, fm10 was a bit bumpy but worked after a few tries

never had any similar problems with other discs/games/dvd's etc and i dont want to use steam, i bought the cd for a reason...

Archived