Cannot Run Game: Failed to set up Graphics System!!

I got the game today and it installed fine, but everytime i try to load it up i get that message. Iv'e had a look round but i cant seem to find anything.Ive had it working using swiftshader but i cant play it with the massive logo in the corner. Is there another way?

ERROR: Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system, general crashes or game crashing when minimising

Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=3021d52b-514e-41d3-ad02-438a3ba730ba

Use the following settings in Direct-x Control Panel.

Run the following tool:

Start->Direct-X SDK->Direct-X Utilities->Direct-X Caps Viewer

Ensure the Direct-X properties appear as the dialog below. Especially important to ensure the Enumerate Reference Rasterizer is checked.

When downloading this file please use the Firefox browser as some people have encounter difficulties when using Internet Explorer.

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

Also if you are running Steam, make sure this is not running when attempting to install

Archived