Much against my principles

Also, you won't be able to play the game or install it until the game unlocks at midnight in your timezone. When the release time is reached, Steam will finish installing the game and you can then find it in your Library in your Steam Browser. You can create a shortcut to your desktop for it from there too :)

You what? So I have to have spyware installed just to play a game downloaded and purchased in good faith??????

And it is spyware, the amount of caching of data that Steam seems to do is ridiculous. Where is this data going? Oh, the answer is Valve Software!

Grow up, you paranoid fairy.

You what? So I have to have spyware installed just to play a game downloaded and purchased in good faith??????

And it is spyware, the amount of caching of data that Steam seems to do is ridiculous. Where is this data going? Oh, the answer is Valve Software!

That's not "good faith", that's plain old stupidity.

Read up a bit on what you are paying for the next time.

I've just purchased the game through the spyware that is Steam. Where is the game actually installed to, as it doesn't seem to have created a Football Manager 2011 directory in program files or program files (64).

Can I now turn off Steam and uninstall it?

if everything is downloaded and installed you can then set steam to offline mode (which means you never have to connect to steam to play the game (until the patches are out then you need to just for a few minutes to patch up!)

spyware :D

How do you buy something that you don't even know how it works?

Copy/license control is done by steam, and that's why you always need opened the games you purchased there, in order to authenticate the game, check for updates, etc...

Is there a phone number for Steam or is their email support always filed under bin?

Archived