BOXED VERSION or STEAM VERSION??? HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

which one should i get. im afraid that if i get steam version it would take too long to load as it would first load up steam unless im wrong. if i get the boxed version im scared of scratching it orlosing it or something.. please help!!!!!!

touche..but is it true about steam that it has to load first before it loads up the game?

the installation of steam takes minutes (dependant on your internet connection)

the download of fm11 also takes minutes (again on your internet)

then the game can be played in offline mode meaning no more minutes loading times

i would never pay for over priced steam .. its box every time ..

and think off this ... i done a boot fair in the summer selling all my old pc games .. i made over 100 pound ... but if i payed for them over steam then i cant sell them in years time can i

Ok, but not everyone feels the need to sell old games, so for them it's not an issue. Some people on this forum still have the CM/FM games from 10 years ago, and like to revisit them.

so can you still install through steam eith the boxed version e.g. putting the dic in installing via steam???

Ok, but not everyone feels the need to sell old games, so for them it's not an issue. Some people on this forum still have the CM/FM games from 10 years ago, and like to revisit them.

this.

i prefer the convenience of having not to drive miles to a clustered store with annoying mothers and children running riot in a games store

Steam takes a couple of seconds to load up - its never been a hassle for me.

Going to be buying the boxed version but installing it via Steam myself anyhow.

i see so you can install it via steam with the boxed version.

Anyway Steam is only, what £30? Basically a £5 difference big deal.

I went to game and being the useless planks they are, when i asked how much it would be they just said,'errrrr, dunno, maybe £30, maybe £35. Dunno, durrrrrr'.

This was today by the way. I might just use steam now actually to buy the game.

and heres the other point ..why is steam 6 pound more than box ..

steam £30 you get : A download.....

box £24 you get: A box copy . A disk.. A booklet ..

so why is steam more ? it should be the other way round

Convenience?

Why would you want a box, a manual and a disc when you can have the files on your PC.

why is zavvi £18 and gamestation is £25?

same boxed game?

because it's a different company!

the money i save in petrol and parking alone saves me more btw

£3 parking (or £3 on a bus?)

by the time you get to a store (unless you walk) the difference is the same

If i download a copy off STEAM and my computer needs rebooting for example, will i still be able to play the game or will i have to buy it off steam again? I dont want to download it to then have my computer break, and then have to buy it again?

Help please

You'll have to redownload it but you won't have to pay for it again. Purchases/Downloads are linked to your Steam account not your computer.

If i download a copy off STEAM and my computer needs rebooting for example, will i still be able to play the game or will i have to buy it off steam again? I dont want to download it to then have my computer break, and then have to buy it again?

Help please

the files you download are safe because its attached to your steam account online and not on the computer! so you can download them all again free...you only need to purchase them once!

Help please

no mate you don't need to buy it again (although you will need to re-downlaod steam and then re-download your game, if you have formatted your CPU) but the game will still be yours in the steam program (it saves to your username/password)

Archived