in game editor on mac not working

1st off, im on a steam download so i dont have the game yet but when i go the game editor it wont work, is this just because the game isnt live yet or should it be working?

If it should be working is anyone on a mac having the same problem?

it says check the log window (which is called wine log?) an then theres a load of crap about fonts or something

Also why does the editor.exe have a picture of a squirrel on it?!

1st off, im on a steam download so i dont have the game yet but when i go the game editor it wont work, is this just because the game isnt live yet or should it be working?

it says check the log window (which is called wine log?) an then theres a load of crap about fonts or something

maybe that squirrel is really a gremlin!!!

ok serious answer is i have no idea try a re-install?

It's been posted elsewhere that the editor for Mac will be out on release day which is tomorrow.

Never having used the editor before, where can I locate it from on my Mac if I've pre-loaded the game from Steam?

Computer > Your Username > Library > Application Support > Steam > SteamApps > Common > Football Manager 2011

yes but anotherss works so why shouldnt mine?

also, i wanna know what button to push when it is live

I just followed the instructions left by Ant Farley, clicked on Editor and it loaded up. I then downloaded the 11.1 database (which Steam automatically updated this afternoon).

• SI Staff

Can those of you experiencing issues here please try to right click on FM 2011 in their Steam library, select 'Delete Local Content' and then close Steam, reopen it and reinstall the game and let me know if you can then launch the editor?

Apologies for the inconvenience

No problems Ant. Re-installing now.

Wife isn't happy though - she wants to get some sleep. But until this editor is sorted - I won't rest!

:)

You could improve the recovery attribute for your wife in the editor.

Ah, ok. It's telling me the servers are too busy so I guess I'll have to wait. I don't mind really mind, though. I just want it to work properly. Thanks for the help.

It'll probably be a lil busy as many people will be downloading it now if they didn't pre-load. It'll likely be nice a clear come tomorrow morning if you can wait.

Okay so I got that issue the first time, deleted & reinstalled. Now the game recognises teh editor but as soon as I try and open it, it crashes!!!

the application Editor 2011 v 11 . 1 . 0 rc 156661 quit unexpectedly

I've been trying to get this working since last night 12 am when I activated it :'( dont wanna start playing till it works because my team is in the third division of spain and I need to activate the 4th in the editor to play :'(

Archived