Just installed fm 2011

I have done but its a massive log, from what i can see in the log this is the error:

Custom Action: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer

Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException AddGameExplorerTasks() failed: Failed to retrieve GUID for application

• Administrators

Can you run the game? Have you tried running the game in windowed mode (follow instructions below)

• make sure your screen resolution is 1024*768
  • right click then on the FM link on your desktop
  • then click properties
  • in the target box write this "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\fm2011.exe" -windowed -small_screen
  • apply the new settings
  • start the game
  • go the game options
  • click the option to play in the windowed mode

Just installed the game and said this:

The installation of Football Manager 2011 is finished, but some errors occurred during the install. Please see the installation log for details.

Just uninstall FM and re-install this is what I did showed no error. As this showed an error on the first install. Uninstall FM, then delete all files, rebooted computer and installed the game via the CD in the drive option, as I'll try the steam method at a later date.

Uninstall everything , reboot your PC then reinstall. Always a safe option to try. If it doesnt work then try uninstall and then run a cleaner on your system to delete rogue registry bits then reboot and install again

Archived