2 Questions (Bale & Steam)

y63

1) I've never played with steam (except for the demo) and I don't know much about it. I was wondering what are the achivements for, is it for unlocking something (bonuses and such) or just for fun?

2) I was wondering whether player rating are going to change (for some) with the new patch. for example Gareth Bale, in the demo he doesn't look so impressive (though I haven't played with or against him) when we all saw him in last few weeks making a joke out of maicon, lucio and every single player who tried to stop him.

it would be a bit weird if in amazing season he will be only a pretty good player in FM (and we all know that the game is so great due to it being realistic...ish).

bale is the best example but of course there are many other. In my favorite team in Israel (as I'm Israeli) the team brought a foreign substitute CB for one who got injured in pre season, and he turned out to be an outstanding player. but I heard he's a bad player in the game (was researched in his previous team).

So my question is (as you probably already forgot) whether player rating are going to change with the new patch?

dont think its right to make a player better just cause of some good form. maicon aint famous for his defense either. if so lots of players that are on form needs tweaking every now and then. and rooney probably needs to be tweak till a crap.

Apart from Phil Neville! ;)

And Rafael too!

Some player data may have been slightly altered but by and large they will be the same. Bear in mind the majority of research was done based on the start of the season.

I don't understand that. Isn't research based on last season?

dont think its right to make a player better just cause of some good form. maicon aint famous for his defense either. if so lots of players that are on form needs tweaking every now and then. and rooney probably needs to be tweak till a crap.

Whilst i agree with you on the form piont, I also must say that Bale has been performing admirebly in second half of the last season and in this season. Add to that that Maicon with Dani Alves is the best right back inthe world. But, still Bale is pretty much spot on for me given his age. He wwill still develop.

Given his performances against United and Everton, Bale has been reduced by around 20%. He now has a CA of 110 and a PA of 130. Meanwhile for being Arsenal's top goalscorer, Walcott's finishing will now be 21 in the patch.

Given his performances against United and Everton, Bale has been reduced by around 20%. He now has a CA of 110 and a PA of 130. Meanwhile for being Arsenal's top goalscorer, Walcott's finishing will now be 21 in the patch.

Is his hidden 'running whilst leaving the ball behind him before running directly into a defender' ability set to 20 as well?

Whilst i agree with you on the form piont, I also must say that Bale has been performing admirebly in second half of the last season and in this season. Add to that that Maicon with Dani Alves is the best right back inthe world. But, still Bale is pretty much spot on for me given his age. He wwill still develop.

maicon and alves are the best right back in the world but they are not known for their defense. its their attacking runs that made them famous, they aint really a top defender if we are talking about old school defending. cant deny they are great but when it comes to defending, ashley cole and lahm are the kind that i would say know how to defend as well as attack. as for maicon, i think benitez is the one that made inter look bad. if Jose inter can mark out messi, who is bale?

cant disagree with ur input otherwise.

maicon and alves are the best right back in the world but they are not known for their defense. its their attacking runs that made them famous, they aint really a top defender if we are talking about old school defending. cant deny they are great but when it comes to defending, ashley cole and lahm are the kind that i would say know how to defend as well as attack.

Agree there too, but you still can't deny that they are classy defender and Bale did made fool of him.

Let's just no go ff-topic that much, shall we... :)

I recall Zokora keeping C. Ronaldo in his back pocket when playing right back for Spurs before and O'Hara has done the same to C. Ronaldo as well. Great players don't play to their best in every game.

Exactly. Especially after 90 minutes running up and down in Milan. I've seen CR marked out of a game on many an occasion, but no, Neville kept Bale quiet so obviously Bale is just mediocre.

maicon and alves are the best right back in the world but they are not known for their defense. its their attacking runs that made them famous, they aint really a top defender if we are talking about old school defending. cant deny they are great but when it comes to defending, ashley cole and lahm are the kind that i would say know how to defend as well as attack. as for maicon, i think benitez is the one that made inter look bad. if Jose inter can mark out messi, who is bale?

But making comparisons between players is useless, because Bale is so different to Messi. Bale sticks to the touchline because his right foot is weak, Messi cut's inside alot, so marking these two are different propositions. Rafa shouldn't have expected Bale to make such a fool out of Maicon, despite the hatrick in San Siro. I don't buy the Rafa is inept line, because as we saw Bale was double marked on occassion against Inter, and still got through using his technique and skill, aswell as acceleration and power obviously. And his runs often came on the counter attack, when Inter were chasing the game, so blaming Benitez is wrong in my opinion. Besides, double mark Bale and what do you suggest they do with Modric, VDV, Lennon and Crouch? He would be accused of defensive imbalance, so Rafa really is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't it seems.

But making comparisons between players is useless, because Bale is so different to Messi. Bale sticks to the touchline because his right foot is weak, Messi cut's inside alot, so marking these two are different propositions. Rafa shouldn't have expected Bale to make such a fool out of Maicon, despite the hatrick in San Siro. I don't buy the Rafa is inept line, because as we saw Bale was double marked on occassion against Inter, and still got through using his technique and skill, aswell as acceleration and power obviously. And his runs often came on the counter attack, when Inter were chasing the game, so blaming Benitez is wrong in my opinion. Besides, double mark Bale and what do you suggest they do with Modric, VDV, Lennon and Crouch? He would be accused of defensive imbalance, so Rafa really is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't it seems.

u know u just answered urself? like u said it came from counter attack. did u see maicon anywhere near bale for the 2nd leg? mr rafa uses zonal marking system and clearly he didnt learn from the 1st leg that spurs uses bale alot to spark offensive moves. by counter attack do u think maicon will be by bale and marking him out? bale doesnt need double marking, the reason why he isnt as effective in the premier league is because they didnt give him space like the game against inter.

saying this i dont deny he is good as a winger. he has his potential but hes not a world beater like the hype is making him.

Archived