Highlights or Commentary?

Hello everyone,

this is my first post on these forums, however I have been a long-time reader and have played FM/CM since 1999.

English is not my native language, so please excuse any mistakes.

What I would like to know is - do you actually watch all (or most) of your games in 3D (or 2D, doesn´t matter) with key or extended highlights or do you stick to the commentary option?

I have mostly used the commentary mode myself as I often find it takes ages to get through a season when watching the highlights of the matches.

On the other hand, with each new release I get the feeling I´m missing out on something by not watching the highlights, as I love to see the way my team is performing, individual player´s performances or simply the way my tactics seem to work.

In addition to that (but that´s just me :) ), even though I´m from Germany I love English club football, and I always get the feeling that watching the games in 3D (especially in English lower leagues) is really pulling me in even more - I just love the way SI have created the stadiums and the surroundings, like those brick buildings behind the stands.

Anyway - due to work and the wife I no longer have quite as much time for FM as I used to have back in the days of university, and I often find that playing for weeks just to get one season done isn´t quite satisfying.

How do you handle this?

Cheers,

Jason.

I use 2D myself, with extended highlights. I have a decent computer capable of running 3D with ease, but I don't get the same feeling of control when viewing the matches in 3D.

I like to see where all 22 players are at a given time, and while this is possible in 3D, it's so much easier in 2D.

Tried the 3D on high detail with the demo, and I must say it has improved quite a bit since last year. Will probably switch to 3D by the time FM13 comes out, if the same improvement rate continues :)

In regards to time constraints, I'm single with a cushy government job, so lots of time on my hands :p

In regards to time constraints, I'm single with a cushy government job, so lots of time on my hands :p

I cannot quite say that about myself ;) .

Just played a couple of matches on the demo in commentary only, but again I felt like something´s missing!

Archived