Watching the full match.

I don't know why I do it... But with every management game I always seem to watch the full match, doing about 1 game a night. I must like the control of watching the whole thing knowing what is going on...

Does anybody else watch the full match? I am guessing no, so that means I should change the way I play. Ha ha. (It takes me like 2 months to complete a season) icon_rolleyes.gif

I don't know why I do it... But with every management game I always seem to watch the full match, doing about 1 game a night. I must like the control of watching the whole thing knowing what is going on...

Does anybody else watch the full match? I am guessing no, so that means I should change the way I play. Ha ha. (It takes me like 2 months to complete a season) icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FestyF:

I do. I like manage my teams in FM like real managers do in real life. It gives me immense pleasure and as a result my one season runs more than 3 real life months. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's good to hear that I am totally not alone. Kind of wierd that I don't find some random circles running all over the field to be boring... Yet. Imagine how thrilled I will be when SI brings in 3D graphics in the future icon_wink.gif

In my current game I watch most of Werder Bremen's matches in full match mode and one or two Fiorentina matches. Never used to, but I started by doing so when we went to Bayern Munich for a key game last season and seeing the ebb and flow of the tactical exchanges was fascinating.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

In my current game I watch most of Werder Bremen's matches in full match mode and one or two Fiorentina matches. Never used to, but I started by doing so when we went to Bayern Munich for a key game last season and seeing the ebb and flow of the tactical exchanges was fascinating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, I think about what I am missing out on when I just set the game to key hlighlights. Watching the full match leaves me in control of most things going on, so I know who's playing a good game and such.

I can see my own tactical exchanges unfolding, and I can see how it is impacting on the game. If I had it on key highlights I may see the shots at goal, but I wouldn't know if we were getting ripped apart in midfield when highlights aren't shown.

Hi

I normally watch the game using the 'key moments' option. Takes me ages to complete a season but I fel that unless you use the 2D match option you can't really see how your team is reacting to situations or your tactics.

It's like Ferguson sitting at home with a cup of tea chewing on his wrigleys while watching C4 Racing rather than watching his team play! Defo don't like just the commentary option, much quicker but not the same realism for me.

The "problem" with a football simulation as in-depth as SI's is that you're bound to feel that way at some point or other.

I do watch full matches pretty often on normal speed nonethteless, but not all the time. It's a time consuming experience, but that's the crux of simulation, really. Can't say I ever bothered to travel in real-time in say, Silent Hunter 3, though. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Svenc:

The "problem" with a football simulation as in-depth as SI's is that you're bound to feel that way at some point or other.

I do watch full matches pretty often on normal speed nonethteless, but not all the time. It's a time consuming experience, but that's the crux of simulation, really. Can't say I ever bothered to travel in real-time in say, Silent Hunter 3, though. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, although I have the slider set to ~75% speed for the highlights (i.e. the whole game in full match mode) so a game only tends to take ~20 minutes rather than 90 minutes.

I used to prefer to move faster through it, but I'm branching out now. After all, I am the manager so it makes sense to actually see and be involved in my matches.

I suspect most of the noggins who come on here moaning about aspects of the match engine never watch a game in full match mode though - I reckon only people who have watched games in full match mode should have their opinions on the match engine taken seriously! I'm not saying everyon must watch in full match mode, but if you're going to come on here and moan about something you should certainly watch it in full match mode before moaning!

All the peoples who moan that their tactics do not work as they should, must watch one or two full matches. I watch full matches and every time I make tactical changes, they work perfectly. Some people moaned in the other thread that 'free role' option doesn't work. It works perfectly for me and I have the same 'Football Manager 08' game as those peoples have.

Back when I began playing CM/FM I used to restart big games that I lost out of frustration. So I began forcing myself to play all cup/euro comp matches as well as matches against the better league sides and any other important league games in full match so that I wouldn't restart.

I still do it out of habit now and I like the ups and downs of watching a full match for an important game, where it would be less exciting if the game was just a normal league match.

I always watch my matches in Full Detail. Yes it makes the game longer but that is the whole point for me. You see the game as a whole so you can see perfectly where your tactics are working and going wrong. Also you can see your players strengths and weaknesses.

I only ever watch full matches when my tactics go tits up for a while. Once I have sorted out the problem where my tactics are being exploited I return to just whizzing through the season. Then once they start to be exploited again I go back to the full match to see where the problem is and fix it again.

I find watching too many full matches gets boring. Some people saying it takes 20mins for one match. I mean c'mon some people have not got the time to do that or the patience. When needed I watch the full matches as statde above and also to see how well a new player will cope in a certain role but other than that I dont. I get through a season in about 3 nights this way playing about 2-3hrs a night/morning.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Midge:

I find watching too many full matches gets boring. Some people saying it takes 20mins for one match. I mean c'mon some people have not got the time to do that or the patience. When needed I watch the full matches as statde above and also to see how well a new player will cope in a certain role but other than that I dont. I get through a season in about 3 nights this way playing about 2-3hrs a night/morning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Midge:

I find watching too many full matches gets boring. Some people saying it takes 20mins for one match. I mean c'mon some people have not got the time to do that or the patience. When needed I watch the full matches as statde above and also to see how well a new player will cope in a certain role but other than that I dont. I get through a season in about 3 nights this way playing about 2-3hrs a night/morning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

20 minutes a match?! It usually takes me around 1.5 hours on a matchday as I like to set up my tactics, watch my match in full whilst keeping up with other results, then round up all the English results and league tables for that day.

I very rarely play more than one match in a FM session.

I'm usually eating and/or watching TV at the same time as playing so the slow pace of a match works quite nicely and I don't need to be looking at the screen the whole time. Shame I haven't been watching Fiorentina in full match mode much because they are a team of utter lunatics - 0-3 down after 15 minutes at home to Catania before getting their act together to win 5-3, then following up with Udinese 4-8 Fiorentina! Unsurprisingly, given that, though we tend lose too many games in infuriating fashion too and watching a 0-3 tanking in full match mode ain't much fun!

Archived