Man Utd Patch Questions...Rooney etc

Just curious…how will the situation with Wayne Rooney be reflected in the patch? Will he be on a huge salary? Will he be happy at the club?

Also there was rumours that the glazers promised Fergie extra funds to buy players, something that when put to Sir Alex he niether confirmed or denied, so will United have a bigger transfer budget or am I just clutching at straws here?! :p

…also on a side note, will Valencia be injured until Feb at the start of the game?

If anything his morale may be listed as 'Poor' but other than that SI can't exactly speculate that he would be wanting out of the club. Possibly a higher ambition and lower loyalty stat than he had last year but again that is speculation more than anything

Also there was rumours that the glazers promised Fergie extra funds to buy players, something that when put to Sir Alex he niether confirmed or denied, so will United have a bigger transfer budget or am I just clutching at straws here?! :p

Do I have to remind you of all the things Gillet and Hicks promised Liverpool? SI can't make changes based on what the owners of club may have promised.

1) Rooney will have the new contract

2) I assume transfer budget wouldn't be much different from the demo

3) Valencia won't be injured because his injury occured after the season started iirc

1)-3)Well if Rooney will get a new contract then Valencia should be injured...

2) In no way they will give money to Sir Alex.

1)-3)Well if Rooney will get a new contract then Valencia should be injured...

2) In no way they will give money to Sir Alex.

well to be fair, man utd have spent money consistantly since the Glazers took charge, maybe not on world class players i.e 30-40mill on one player...but we have spent near 30mill in the summer, we spent 30mill on berba, 12mil on Valencia.

I'm sure it'd be easier to splash the cash without the debt but it's not haulted our activity completely, I believe Fergie when he says he just hasn't seen anyone of value to go spending the big money...anyway..moving off topic here...lol

i'm just curious on how much Rooney will be on...double his current contract? huge goal bonuses? i think ill just have to wait and see, at least he'll be on a nice long term contract :)

I'm just curious on how much Rooney will be on...double his current contract? huge goal bonuses? i think ill just have to wait and see, at least he'll be on a nice long term contract :)

Here's to hoping its not double! In the demo you could negotiate to ~125k/wk, which is still high but managable. If it was double, you'd be looking at 180ish. It would also set bad precedent with the rest of the squad likely wanting wage increases as a result do the huge gap it would create over every other player. If its 180k, he's probably still out the door on my united team :p (As soon as I got a decent offer of course, so likely summer 2011). Chicharito is incredible in the demo and could easily replace him. 180k/wk could bring in 3-4 quality players or 8+ wonderkid prospects! Yes I know I'm a cheap bastard :p

Archived