First Option

I was just wondering if there was any intention of bringing back the First Option.....em....option in the transfer dealings. I always thought this was a good feature and seeing as there are dealings like this made public such as Milan having a first option with Zlatan or Everton having first refusal on Araz Abdullayev, i think it would be good to bring it back. I know you can have first reference when it comes to feeder clubs and you can put future fees on loan deals, but i miss the days where you saw a "young up and comer" and would plant a first option on him just in case he became a star and every club wanted him.

I was just wondering if there was any intention of bringing back the First Option.....em....option in the transfer dealings. I always thought this was a good feature and seeing as there are dealings like this made public such as Milan having a first option with Zlatan or Everton having first refusal on Araz Abdullayev, i think it would be good to bring it back. I know you can have first reference when it comes to feeder clubs and you can put future fees on loan deals, but i miss the days where you saw a "young up and comer" and would plant a first option on him just in case he became a star and every club wanted him.

Well if you Loan someone you can set a future fee, which is basically a first option for the player. Also you have first option for your feeder club players.

Well if you Loan someone you can set a future fee, which is basically a first option for the player. Also you have first option for your feeder club players.

i mentioned that in my original post, but if you couldnt get the player on loan or if the player you were looking for wasnt part of your feeder club, the option you would have is to pay the full transfer fee on the spot for him

i mentioned that in my original post, but if you couldnt get the player on loan or if the player you were looking for wasnt part of your feeder club, the option you would have is to pay the full transfer fee on the spot for him

Well you can still offer monthly payments.

Well you can still offer monthly payments.
Lets say you saw a young player who is around sixteen years old, he has the potential to be a great player but you don't know for sure if he is, you use to be able to put a first option him so that if in a couple of years, he became great, you could pay the price you had set out on him which could be half his worth at the time. In a way its similar to co-ownership deals in Italy but that doesnt happen in any of the other main big leagues. I just liked it because you could snap up a player that was given a chance to develop at his club before any other club could have him

Lets say you saw a young player who is around sixteen years old, he has the potential to be a great player but you don't know for sure if he is, you use to be able to put a first option him so that if in a couple of years, he became great, you could pay the price you had set out on him which could be half his worth at the time. In a way its similar to co-ownership deals in Italy but that doesnt happen in any of the other main big leagues. I just liked it because you could snap up a player that was given a chance to develop at his club before any other club could have him

I got you there, but still if you have a very good scout which tells you that the player will become good then why not buy him, train him yourself. I understand it's easier with a first option, but still you have to pay money for that in advance (I think).

I got you there, but still if you have a very good scout which tells you that the player will become good then why not buy him, train him yourself. I understand it's easier with a first option, but still you have to pay money for that in advance (I think).

Yes you have to pay a future fee, but i would rather a player get first team action with his club than for me to buy him when he was young and not play him for three or four seasons, i understand i could send him out on loan but sometimes it doesn't have any benefit such as "Joe Soap does not think he learned anything while at loan at Debrecen and it was a waste of time".

Yes you have to pay a future fee, but i would rather a player get first team action with his club than for me to buy him when he was young and not play him for three or four seasons, i understand i could send him out on loan but sometimes it doesn't have any benefit such as "Joe Soap does not think he learned anything while at loan at Debrecen and it was a waste of time".

Well you are right there, it should make a difference if he plays in a pro league and not the reserves. If I spot a true gem or a player with potential after I buy him he usually has 5-10 games in a season to impress me then I'll decide his faith.

Well you are right there, it should make a difference if he plays in a pro league and not the reserves. If I spot a true gem or a player with potential after I buy him he usually has 5-10 games in a season to impress me then I'll decide his faith.

Exactly, its just sometimes if you are challenging for a league title, its hard to throw in an untested young player into the first team as he could upset the balance of the team and lead to bad results.

Exactly, its just sometimes if you are challenging for a league title, its hard to throw in an untested young player into the first team as he could upset the balance of the team and lead to bad results.

Yes but there are still cups, weaker oppositions etc.

I think 1-2 youngsters won't hurt your form.

Archived