Opposition Instructions headache

Seeing as how the OI interface remains as terrible and unintuitive as always, thought I'd throw an idea just in case. How about we made 4 tickboxes next to the names of the players of the opposing team, so we can see at a glance what OI we gave to each player? Maybe sweeten the deal a bit by adding visual aid to mark players that switched positions or got subbed in? And if you feel particularly generous, give an option to set OI by position or by player and if it's by position the ability to save it like tactics? Or maybe just scrap the whole OI thingie altogether if you can't be arsed making a proper interface for it after 4 years?

Ideally, there would be an option to set up conditional OI by position and player stats, so you can set for example that you always want to close down whoever is playing as DMC, or that you always want to hard tackle any player with low bravery, or show on weaker foot right footed wingers etc. 99% of the time I need to be reapplying the same instructions to every team I play against and I need to spend 5 mins to set them up between clicking and going back and forth the player profiles to check attributes and preferred foot. Then spend half the game rechecking my OI every time they switch formation/positions. But I do understand that a fully customizable script-like interface would be overcomplicated and kinda intimidating for some, so can you at the very least implement something along the lines of the aforementioned tickboxes pretty please?

Archived