Just got massively trolled by EB...

Strange really as every other game is released here on Thursdays even though games are released on Fridays in the UK.

I guess your just unlucky to have a staff memeber who was looking specifically at the release date for that game. I'd suggest most would just put their new games out every Thursday as is standard

What do you mean by "God Bless Steam" is it out already as I have noticed the time too unlock has disappeared?

It isn't out, but I am guaranteed already to have the game on release (plus the little bonus I got for pre-ordering, and the pre-load so I can play more or less from the second the game is released). What's better is I get the achievements (yes, only a minor bonus), automatic patching, and the fact that I don't have to worry about disks and can load on multiple computers. Not to mention the fact that I was able to buy the game sitting around drinking beer, in my underwear, while eating ramen.

Sure, being in the US there's no choice- I know some specialty stores that carry imported games do have FM (often later than release), but I love Steam and probably would have gotten the game that way regardless.

Strange really as every other game is released here on Thursdays even though games are released on Fridays in the UK.

I guess your just unlucky to have a staff memeber who was looking specifically at the release date for that game. I'd suggest most would just put their new games out every Thursday as is standard

Did you get it from EB at Helensvale mate?

I'm so excited bout FM11 coming out that I put 2 on order from Amazon.com(by accident). But I cant wait til Nov 12 to get it.

Quick question, if I purchase on Steam will I get it exactly Nov 5 midnight?

And also I just checked with the EB stores here close to me and one store said they are gonna start selling it Nov 18 another said Nov 16

It isn't out, but I am guaranteed already to have the game on release (plus the little bonus I got for pre-ordering, and the pre-load so I can play more or less from the second the game is released). What's better is I get the achievements (yes, only a minor bonus), automatic patching, and the fact that I don't have to worry about disks and can load on multiple computers. Not to mention the fact that I was able to buy the game sitting around drinking beer, in my underwear, while eating ramen.

Sure, being in the US there's no choice- I know some specialty stores that carry imported games do have FM (often later than release), but I love Steam and probably would have gotten the game that way regardless.

you do realise the acheivements on steam for fm 2011 are also available to those who have the boxed version whenever they register it on steam right ?

Archived