New FM releases are responsible for break-ups

Thanks to facebook, we finally have numbers to prove what we already know for years:

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2010/11/uh-oh-facebook-data-says-were-entering-breakup-season/65579/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+AtlanticScienceAndTechnology+

And so it's with great sadness that I inform you that breakup season has begun, according to this graph from David McCandless, scraped from 10,000 status updates on the site. Right at the beginning of November, breakups start climbing, peaking a couple of weeks before Christmas.

The graph clearly shows the break-up rate it going up like crazy everytime a new version of FM is released.

I think SI should draw it's conclussions and put clear warning messages on future releases of FM: "Playing FM is bad for your relationship".

Thanks to facebook, we finally have numbers to prove what we already know for years:

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2010/11/uh-oh-facebook-data-says-were-entering-breakup-season/65579/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+AtlanticScienceAndTechnology+

The graph clearly shows the break-up rate it going up like crazy everytime a new version of FM is released.

I think SI should draw it's conclussions and put clear warning messages on future releases of FM: "Playing FM is bad for your relationship".

Did you know that Icecream also causes sunstroke? Seriously, look at the data. Choose any country in the first world and you'll see a strong correlation between sun stroke and ice cream consumption.

So how do I make FM get rid of my other half? all tips welcome.

Make sure you spend as much time as possible playing FM.

Make sure you spend all other time talking about FM.

Skip hygiene until you win the Dafuge challenge.

Call out your top scorers name when you climax in bed.

:D One of the funnier things I've seen on here in a long time

Did you know that Icecream also causes sunstroke? Seriously, look at the data. Choose any country in the first world and you'll see a strong correlation between sun stroke and ice cream consumption.

yeah i think i heard about a link between those, i think it was called summer.

Hahah, and the most annoying thing is to plan something that you can do together at home, for example candles and cooking, and keep your computer open and consentrate those two things at the same time! "wait a minute darling, i just have to finnish this match first" "Pre-season is just starting and i have to check the newgens quickly, it takes just a second!" ;)

Hahah, and the most annoying thing is to plan something that you can do together at home, for example candles and cooking, and keep your computer open and consentrate those two things at the same time! "wait a minute darling, i just have to finnish this match first" "Pre-season is just starting and i have to check the newgens quickly, it takes just a second!" ;)

The "pre match experience"makes it harder to quickly start a game though, you need like 15 clicks to get a game started. :(

Trick is to either get your partner/GF/wife to like it OR to buy her something at the same time that she is interested.

This year NBA 2K11 is filling that void as she spent the entire time playing FM trying to buy Makelele because he has a 'cool name' and Vela because he 'always grins', despite being useless.

I love this thread. Some seriously screwed relationships. Think of the therapy in later life...

"Uhm, Dr. your saying I have relationship issues because I'd rather find all the PA -10's in a database than spend time on holiday with my wife and kids? And you say FMoholics Anonymous is the only cure? They have a 10 step ween yourself off DLR programme? You just have to beielve in some greater power then Sir Alex to take part? Screw that!"

I love this thread. Some seriously screwed relationships. Think of the therapy in later life...

They included this in FM2011. You can now interact with your wife and kids. Although I think they still need to iron it out a little, I'm sure that by next year, this feature will lower the amount of break-ups.

Perhaps they should also give assistants an "emphaty" stat, so they can advice you better: "Sweet talk", "apologize", "put out garbage", ...

• 2 weeks later...

I planned with my girlfriend to spend the whole week with her constantly in the week leading up to FM11 release on the condition that from November 5th onwards I get the whole weekend to myself and the majority of the following week. By now my obsenssion has died down a bit and I am able to turn it off, but for that week or so she didnt hardly see me... and we live together! She's a diamond though, she understands its not just a game. I've got a good 'un here :D

Trick is to either get your partner/GF/wife to like it OR to buy her something at the same time that she is interested.

This,

I bought Mrs Trents a DVD box set around FM release day so for they past few weeks and forseeable future I've been banging my head on my laptop in frustration while she get's her Wentworth Miller fix.

This marraige business is easy. No chat = no arguements :D

Archived