How DARE you!?!?!?

I'm really liking the new manager/player interaction, nice one SI :)

Good to see how different players personalities come into things, where you can have the exact same conversation with two different players and one loves you and the other hates you...makes it much more real.

However I've recently made one of my best young stars request a transfer after a conversation :( Obviously I didn't know he would do that, but I don't care because I'm the boss and no player is bigger than the club so he can bugger off! I've rejected his request too so he can rot in the reserves as far as I'm concerned and leave on a free in three years. This would also apply to any one or all of my star players.

I make the rules and decide what happens to who, when and why!!!

But what about you guys, would you back down to your star player if it meant losing him...maybe even to a rival?

Or are you the be all and end all of the club, someone whom should not be crossed or even questioned?

Id probably try and keep my best players at all costs, unless they were easily replaced by another available player on the open market or by a promising youth.

I often take the approach that time is a good healer and hope that interaction over time can resolve issues with disgruntled players.

I wouldnt have any qualms in selling a player if they upset other players though, or really pee'd me off, as you say, no player is bigger than the club!

Happy players = confident players = better performing players.

I know its not as straight forward as this but Im a fair man. I tend to try and keep everyone as happy as possible with any unrest quickly dealt with. If its a key player then I would definitely try and sort things out for him to stay, if that cant happen then I will ship him out at the earliest opportunity.

If its a squad player that can more easily be replaced then I would probably come to the decision earlier to get rid of him and wouldn't bother too much about making him happy again.

The key is to not make anyone unhappy but that's easier said than done and now it looks like its more realistic in FM which I feel is great, even if it does make my star player get unhappy even more easily :)

I can't handle the new interactions. Had 6 transfer request in my brum save. :(

:eek: What do you start the morning training session with.. "Guess who's the biggest team in Birmingham?" :p

Jimmy Briand once asked for 60k a week....I gave him one.
I dont think they added that to the contract negotiations element in FM11, bit too raunchy

I think he meant 1K :p

This isnt a very good feature. Firstly, its going to be hard to sell almost anyone early in the game at their true value because most teams have no money. Also, this feature does not comport with reality. Except for the most immature people, individual reactions will be much more measured and moods will take time to build.

This isnt a very good feature. Firstly, its going to be hard to sell almost anyone early in the game at their true value because most teams have no money. Also, this feature does not comport with reality. Except for the most immature people, individual reactions will be much more measured and moods will take time to build.

I don't think the interaction feature has any bearing on the fact it's hard to sell players. The interaction could be more indepth but I don't know if most people would want a feature that meant every conversation lasted 10-20 minutes real time because it would take up too much play time. As it is, the interaction is short but gives you the jist of what you're saying/mean and the players reaction to that.

I don't think the interaction feature has any bearing on the fact it's hard to sell players. The interaction could be more indepth but I don't know if most people would want a feature that meant every conversation lasted 10-20 minutes real time because it would take up too much play time. As it is, the interaction is short but gives you the jist of what you're saying/mean and the players reaction to that.

I didnt say they were interconnected; unless the increase of unhappy players means an increase of players transferred.

The problem with this feature is that the topics and responses are far too few and will become immensely boring after a short period of time. As someone mentioned in another thread; to adequately implement this feature would take hundreds, if not thousands of topics and tens of thousands of responses. This would be quite difficult to program.

On the demo the only player who got angry enough to request a transfer was one I was offering to other clubs anyway.

The part that I didn't get was that I tried to sell him, he didn't like it and said he'd been treated unfairly, then he requested a transfer. Bit of a pointless conversation really.

Apart from that I've had a few who decided to "leave before they said something they might regret", which I assume is 'building the mood' that Bababui is looking for.

I didnt say they were interconnected; unless the increase of unhappy players means an increase of players transferred.

The problem with this feature is that the topics and responses are far too few and will become immensely boring after a short period of time. As someone mentioned in another thread; to adequately implement this feature would take hundreds, if not thousands of topics and tens of thousands of responses. This would be quite difficult to program.

If they're not interconnected why mention it? ...I don't like the skin.

I know what you're saying about the number of responses required. I'm sure SI could implement this, but scrolling through 10,000 options would be no fun at all. So 5 options from "YES OFCOURSE" to "NO WAY" and the most common inbetweeners works for me :thup:

If they're not interconnected why mention it? ...I don't like the skin.

Because if the AI teams are programmed to use this feature then wouldnt there be more transfer-listed players than in previous versions of this game? Are the AI teams programmed to use this feature?

Have to admit, after checking out the demo again yesterday, I take back everything I said about FM2011. When you have a bad week IRL, you tend to see only the negative in everything, and that clouded my judgement of the demo.

Anyway, had quite a bit of fun arguing with an Ebbsfleet United fringe player after sticking him on the transfer list. Told him "Sorry but I don't see a future here for you". He demanded respect, I said something along the lines of "I'm the boss" and he said he'll have to back out of the convo before he says something he regrets. Thought he was going to punch me, actually. :D

Because if the AI teams are programmed to use this feature then wouldnt there be more transfer-listed players than in previous versions of this game? Are the AI teams programmed to use this feature?

Who says that's true? Maybe they are smarter than us, so there wouldn't be more players listed. We are new managers, maybe players will have more respect and tollerance after we have proved ourselves in management. Who knows?

Who says that's true? Maybe they are smarter than us, so there wouldn't be more players listed. We are new managers, maybe players will have more respect and tollerance after we have proved ourselves in management. Who knows?

Valid points. It will be interesting to see how this feature plays out over time.

Valid points. It will be interesting to see how this feature plays out over time.

I'm as intrigued as you. This year seems more diverse and different than ever before :)

Would anyone hold a meeting with Joey Barton without armed security present?

I'd never play him or speak to him! If I had to I would have Ex-SAS with licenses to kill on standby in the room.

Id probably try and keep my best players at all costs, unless they were easily replaced by another available player on the open market or by a promising youth.

I often take the approach that time is a good healer and hope that interaction over time can resolve issues with disgruntled players.

I wouldnt have any qualms in selling a player if they upset other players though, or really pee'd me off, as you say, no player is bigger than the club!

the "lack of discipline" problem keeps causing players to request transfer.. and if u argue with them over the "lack of discipline" they will feel alienated and no longer allow u to speak to them or fine them when they have poor match performance or get sent off.. damn ****ed off with it..

Archived