FM2011 editor for Mac with Steam?

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how I can access the FM11 editor from Steam? I'm on Mac and can't find it in any of the folders Steam downloads to and sets up shortcuts in. I've looked all over Steam but also can't see an editor in there either.

As far as I know you cannot get that editor to work on a mac...

Not true. Bought the CD version last year the editor was installed on my Mac along with the game. Didn't have to anything special or anything.

Is a bit weird, and slightly worrying, that it's absent. Possibly an oversight on the Steam delivery side of things if anything or perhaps it's buried away somewhere off the beaten file path.

In the file, in the User\Library\Application Support\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2011\tools\Editor that MAY be formatted for mac, there is a .exe editor file and one labeled editor but is an unknown file. Might start working after activation? But yes...

!!!IT WOULD BE NICE FOR SOMEONE FROM SPORTS INTERACTIVE COMMENTED ON THIS!!!!

In the file, in the User\Library\Application Support\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2011\tools\Editor that MAY be formatted for mac, there is a .exe editor file and one labeled editor but is an unknown file. Might start working after activation? But yes...

!!!IT WOULD BE NICE FOR SOMEONE FROM SPORTS INTERACTIVE COMMENTED ON THIS!!!!

I think si are probably quite busy today there game is released tommorow

I wish someone from SI would coment on this. Are we gonna have the editor tomorow or is it in some other folder? I would be unhappy if i couldn't have the editor from the start just cos i have a Mac.

I find it amusing that people are wondering why SI haven't replied to the topic, when at the time of posting the staff were most likely to be asleep.

I agree, asking for SI to jump onto this topic immediately is unfair considering how busy they must be with absolutely everything right now.

I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation or solution to the editor situation. Suggesting that they're withholding the editor from mac steam users is a bit dramatic. Obviously something has been overlooked or gone slightly wrong in the install process or when SI sent over the game package to Steam. It could even still just hidden somewhere ridiculous with a different filename or something.

The Editor will be available for the Mac version when the full game is available. Thanks.

Well, I know where Editor is. But the app doesn't launch. With Steam/Fm11 on, without them, it just doesn't work.) The game itself works fine, though it's quite sluggish compared to FM10 (both 3D and GUI navigation).

Mac OS 10.6, MBP 2,4 4gigs of RAM.

The Editor will be available for the Mac version when the full game is available. Thanks.

Is there now a separate download link for Mac users on Steam whose Editor doesn't work?

Whenever I try to open the editor icon located at... User\Library\Application Support\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2011\tools\Editor i get the message:

"You can't open the application Editor because it may be damaged or incomplete."

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling from Steam but that didn't fix the issue. Any help would be massively appreciated as i've got a group game with my housemates that requires use of the editor and we can't get started until we have access to it!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, I'm not sure if anyone still reads this one, but I just recently downloaded FM 2011 through Steam. I've read on where to find the editor, and I see that it will load the 11.2 database. But what I can't seem to figure out is how to load a saved game into it. I like playing with fictional players, so I created a new game and saved it. But when I browse to the directory that saved game is in, it doesn't show up. Any ideas?

Okay, I'm not sure if anyone still reads this one, but I just recently downloaded FM 2011 through Steam. I've read on where to find the editor, and I see that it will load the 11.2 database. But what I can't seem to figure out is how to load a saved game into it. I like playing with fictional players, so I created a new game and saved it. But when I browse to the directory that saved game is in, it doesn't show up. Any ideas?

The editor that comes with the game is for editing the original databases before you start a new game. If you want to edit a save game, then you will need to locate a Save game editor from a third party. Unfortunately there is not one for Mac that works with the latest patch.

Archived