To steam or not to steam

I haven't pre-ordered FM11 over the internet so if I did now I am not sure if it would get here on time. I also live 30 minutes away from anywhere that sells the game as I do not drive it will cost me £7 to get the train adding more cost to getting it. This made me think about getting it via steam but I have heard lots of negative things about steam as I have never used it myself. I do however like the trophy room idea and the achievements are these available if you do not download via steam?

I am really not sure about getting it via steam I have seen a few people say the loading times are very high, my internet connection is not that fast but my PC is not sure if that makes much difference in anyway. Anyone have any advice?

Acheivements are still available if you buy the boxed version but you need to still activate via Steam to get them. Download times depend on your ISP and the usual as Steam have excellent servers and will get you your top speed. You can download the game now on steam, so it will be ready well before release date when it unlocks so your internet speed should not be a problem.

Pre-emptive answer: Yes you can still play offline.

I highly recommend Steam, if you can't tell!

Steam hasnt given me any problems. 99% downloads now so when it is available at midnight tommorow you wont have to wait for ages. PLUS! you get golden axe and other sega mega drive gems. Im quite happy. BUT there is still a chance it will go wrong so im not gonna give it the full green light until im playing it happily tommorow. :)

Steam hasnt given me any problems. 99% downloads now so when it is available at midnight tommorow you wont have to wait for ages. PLUS! you get golden axe and other sega mega drive gems. Im quite happy. BUT there is still a chance it will go wrong so im not gonna give it the full green light until im playing it happily tommorow. :)

If they threw in Streets of Rage 2 and 3 they would have me sold already.

How about the ones that ship to your home??

Thought about that but I do not get paid until Thursday so can't order until then so not sure if it would arrive on time.

Just to add to this, if I download via Steam on my computer now and buy a laptop in a few months, will my game be recognised as I log in with my account or is it 1 game per computer?

You can download it to as many computers as you like, same as any Steam game. Can only be played one at a time though!

Thought about that but I do not get paid until Thursday so can't order until then so not sure if it would arrive on time.

Credit Card ??

Otherwise your only option is steam. You can pre-load an dplay around with the editor. :thup:

Archived