Cpu at 100% during matches

This question has been asked in another section without any results so I was wondering if anyone had an idea why this is. I have updated my graphics card,have up to date Direct x and java, duo core processor at 2.4 and 4gb ram. My graphics card is 1.5 GB so the processor should not be 100% during match play.

Am I missing something, any answers warmly accepted as I and others stand more of a chance getting an answer here.

For one, your graphics card, directx and java have nothing to do with it. The CPU is probably consumed because FM is simulating matches (the one currently running, and probably all the matches from leagues you included when you started the game).

Make sure you have threading enabled in the "preferences", so it uses both cores on your cpu.

Also, make sure you are checking your cpu usage correctly. It is possible just 1 core is at 100%, not both, leaving you with 50% cpu power still available. (note that for most games, having a 2.4ghz multicore cpu is inferiour to a 4ghz single core processor like we had in the pentium 4 days) :)

Thanks for answer.

Ishu, Iam not a computer boffle so was seeking advice.

I was merely suggesting another way of looking at it.

What is threading by the way please?

If you have a dual core/quad core, selecting "threading" will allow FM to use all the cores instead of just one core.

Well,its getting worse as threading is enabled, the cpu is at 100% and the matches are dragging,jerky and sticking at times. I think I may have to play 2D which will totally spoil it for me and I've noticed on the star system that after upgrading my graphics card,I have gone down to half a star.

Any ideas anyone.

Ishu, thanks for your imput mate, not having a go,it's just I.m self taught so always learning things about PC'S / Laptops and how they work.

You might need newer drivers for your new graphics card. Threading should always improve performance (however, it might hurt the performance of other things, such as your Internet browser if you are browsing while playing FM at the same time).

i have an i7 920 with 6 gb ram and a ati radeon hd 5870 video card running win7 of a ssd hard drive. The game sometimes uses 100% of my cpu when processing lots of matches. This can sometimes last up to 5-6 seconds. This tells me that Football Manager is probably the only game i have ever played that from time to time uses 100% of my cpu. good to see..

i have an i7 920 with 6 gb ram and a ati radeon hd 5870 video card running win7 of a ssd hard drive. The game sometimes uses 100% of my cpu when processing lots of matches. This can sometimes last up to 5-6 seconds. This tells me that Football Manager is probably the only game i have ever played that from time to time uses 100% of my cpu. good to see..

It is doing some pretty complex stuff :)

The match engine actually 'runs' for all the games in your league (or any others that are on 'high detail') - and calculating the details of what's happening in a football game, including off the ball movements and decision-making for 22 players, is quite intricate :)

Archived