RD patch skin = "retro skin"

The latest blog has revealed that the skin available in the release day patch will be a "retro skin", making it look like an earlier FM game.

I still can't work out whether the skin given in the demo was the only available as it was a demo, and that the dark one from last year will be included in the full version PLUS this downloadable "retro skin".

Any one got any ideas?

The latest blog has revealed that the skin available in the release day patch will be a "retro skin", making it look like an earlier FM game.

I still can't work out whether the skin given in the demo was the only available as it was a demo, and that the dark one from last year will be included in the full version PLUS this downloadable "retro skin".

Any one got any ideas?

Maybe someone from SEGA on here could clarify this because, unless I'm being really stupid, as yet it hasn't been clarified that the dark version of the regular skin from last year's game will be in the boxed version, pre-patch. This is important to me because I value my eyes, and literally cannot play the demo for more than 10 minutes.

I really don't get these people that claim to not be able to look at the current version of the skin. It's such overexaggerated nonsense, it's a fine skin, it could be a lot better but it's functional and you can certain stare at it for hours on end without ruining your eyes.

got repetitive eye strain yourself have you?

i forgot everyone's eyes are the same

In all fairness, my eyes are exactly the same as The 92nd Fish's, so I actually retract everything I said about my not being able to use the light skin. Sorry.

i have blue eyes and i also have slightly dry eyes (which means i had to order a special contact lense fluid) and i suffer from repetitive eye strain a bit due to this

i wonder if the 92nd fish has the same

If you get eye strain from using the FM skin, then you're going to get it from basic things like watching TV aswell. It's not SI's fault in any way.

not necessarily, yes i do get it from tv occasionally (especially strobe lighting effects)

but on a dark skin on fm10 i didn't get it

please note 92nd fish i didn't have a single moan about anything in the game except the need for a dark skin (i could play fm11 demo on the light skin but after 30 minutes i had to stop)

it's my only problem with the game (thankfully SI have solved it in the patch) so i have no more worries

I'm the same, I haven't got beef with anything in the game whatsoever (so far as I can see- ha!), the skin aside. I mean so many pointless threads are made on this forum; people pretending they've got the game, people telling other people what their dispatch status is online, people asking people who think they've got the game what someone's PA is... I mean if your freaking eyes hurt from playing the demo, then finding out if the boxed full game has the dark skin is quite justifiable, I'd say.

Archived